MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

simple q, i asked elsewhere and didn't get a response...

does the first gen mv agusta f4 750 (MY2000) have the SPU like the brutale does?

the SPU has been blamed for a lot of electrical problems... if the f4 does lack this unit, is it generally regarded as electrically reliable... i looked on the parts diagram and it looks like instead of all being in a black box, the f4 spreads its fuses and relays all over the wire-loom around the bike... true story?

cheers!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
It does have a fuse box under the right fairing, but there are a couple elsewhere.

I only had one electrical problem with mine and that was the wires through the fuel level sensor to power the pump were shorting that's because when I bought it it had been stood in a collection for six years and perished.

The main risk of electrical problems with the first year or so is that there is a join in all the cables halfway along the loop on the right side where they're soldered together under the wrapping. On early looms water could run down inside the loom and collect there and cause problems.

My '99 was pretty damned reliable all round to be honest!

Si

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys... very good answers!!!

much appreciated.

be sure to check it out.... hopefully, next time i post i'll be on one of these bad boys!!

:f4:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts