MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I find I feather the clutch at low speeds around town, taking tight corners to compensate for the lumpy fuelling at low engine speeds. But this seems pretty imprecise.

Since the TC uses spikes in engine speed to detect wheel spin instead of a wheel sensor, is it conceivable that slipping the clutch fools it into thinking it's losing traction, and that just makes things worse as it modulates the fuelling to compensate?

Si

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
So I find I feather the clutch at low speeds around town, taking tight corners to compensate for the lumpy fuelling at low engine speeds. But this seems pretty imprecise.

Since the TC uses spikes in engine speed to detect wheel spin instead of a wheel sensor, is it conceivable that slipping the clutch fools it into thinking it's losing traction, and that just makes things worse as it modulates the fuelling to compensate?

Si
I assume you're not F4 750 but instead the new bike Si ?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I rode it tonight on non-sport mode and it's so much better low down. No need to feather the clutch at all. Don't know why they just couldn't have put the low speed fuelling into the sport mode. It'd hardly effect track use.

Si

·
Registered
322 Posts
I rode it tonight on non-sport mode and it's so much better low down. No need to feather the clutch at all. Don't know why they just couldn't have put the low speed fuelling into the sport mode. It'd hardly effect track use.

Si
I just started a thread on this today. After 11000kms I tried the bike is normal mode, what a different, Sport mode is useless on the street, terrible fuelling, no power.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
I'm still trying to find normal mode on my 05 F4.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Sorry to find humor in your misfortune but... It's sort of nice not having to tinker with "modes" on a bike that works the way it should all the time. Hope you guys get this sorted soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts