MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,511 Posts
..... hahaha - carbon swing-arm.
punctuation wasn't the best .......

but there are carbon ones for Ducatis, my friend's 998R has one and every other carbon bit made......the Ducati Corse Ohlins on it were $23,000

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Looks very interesting, I like it, would need a good look in the flesh, so to speak. The price seems good to me, especially what's been spent. If I didn't have a 750 I would be looking.
Not sure if the mix of colour schemes works for everyone. The side fairings are matt/satin I think? everywhere else is gloss. Can't tell if the drive chain is a dirty gold, or a rusty plain one. The condition is described as new, a bold statement with 12,000 miles, seems to be a chip on part of the side frame.

Thanks for posting Dana Kincaid.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Would take it if it wasn't in the US, quick respray to on of Samuxx's designs or take it down to Alex.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I would want to know if it's ever been crashed. I would want to know why a Diamante, you can tell by the color of the tank, has a red airbox that doesn't fit flush. I would want to know who owned it before him and can you get his contact info. It doesn't have a carbon fiber swing arm, it's a cover. Why? Is the swing arm rashed?

If all the body panels are indeed carbon fiber, especially the airbox, it would still be to high in my opinion. Lots of questions with this one.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I would want to know if it's ever been crashed. I would want to know why a Diamante, you can tell by the color of the tank, has a red airbox that doesn't fit flush. I would want to know who owned it before him and can you get his contact info. It doesn't have a carbon fiber swing arm, it's a cover. Why? Is the swing arm rashed?

If all the body panels are indeed carbon fiber, especially the airbox, it would still be to high in my opinion. Lots of questions with this one.
Your right about the poor fit of the red air box.
Are you sure it is not a carbon swing arm, but only a cover? I presume
carbon swing arms are not made for the MV? I can't find one, only as you say, covers only.

As for the price, over in the UK that's £4631.00, which is I think a good price if nothing is been hidden(crashed and repaired). Dealers like Forza Italia were selling F4 750's 4yrs ago with around 6,000 miles and Carbon fitted for around £5,500 - £6,000($9,000 - $10,000).
Mine was £4,500 from a different dealer, with a fair amount of extra's including Sil Titanium silencers, and 8,000 miles.

I must admit I don't know the American market values.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Carl is spot on. You must ask; Why would someone mix and match different colors of panels? The most logical reason is replacing damaged parts. And anytime someone covers up something with stickers or carbon fiber wrap, you have to ask why they covered it up.

Power commander remapped and tuned last month. And now it's up for sale. Why?

Is there a clean title?

·
Super Moderator
22,365 Posts
I bought a very nice EVO 3 750 for $5800.00

·
Registered
5,057 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Zoom in on the 8th PIC on the top row, the one that shows the right hand side of the wheel, and you can see the painted aluminium swingarm and the edge of the cf cover by the top suspension linkage.

The bike looks a right bitza raising a fair few questions over its history .....

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Zoom in on the 8th PIC on the top row, the one that shows the right hand side of the wheel, and you can see the painted aluminium swingarm and the edge of the cf cover by the top suspension linkage.

The bike looks a right bitza raising a fair few questions over its history .....
Yep I got ya, thanks for pointing that out.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Your right about the poor fit of the red air box.
Are you sure it is not a carbon swing arm, but only a cover? I presume
carbon swing arms are not made for the MV? I can't find one, only as you say, covers only.
CAG knows this stuff mate, and no, nobody makes carbon swingers for MV, hence my first comment on the topic.
:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts