MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The pad is carbon fiber and while it looks good in the photo, it has a mark in it that bothers me, anal I know, but it has also started peeling away at the bottom. I have searched and can't find it listed anywhere. If all I can do is glue it back I will but if anyone knows where I can get a new one that would be my preference. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,467 Posts
There is no picture....

·
Registered
523 Posts
I can't point you in the direction of where you might buy that one, but I am able to make unique tankpads to fit just about anything (..I can print decals too). I'm unable to do carbon fibre, but I can print what resembles CF and dome it with flexi-resin.

Here's a couple I've made recently for guys in the UK (..the Norton item is a one-off made to the customer's own design & the 'CF-effect' backing it uses was matched with the CF seat unit on his modern-day Dominator - see pic). All he gave me was an outline and a bunch of ideas.

If you can't find what you want, I could make you a half decent copy - or even a more personalised version - of your damaged one.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 750four. That's an option I will seriously consider. Can you tell me what it is made from and thickness, etc. Like it is a vinyl, gel pad... Approximate cost too. You can PM me if it's inappropriate to post that on the thread.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The design is printed on a high quality vehicle wrapping vinyl, and then it's domed with flexible polyurethane. I use polyurethane as it's more flexible than acrylic, and it's impervious to the effects of the sun (ie. it won't yellow or crack over time).

Thickness is limited by the fact that it's a liquid resin that is poured onto the printed base. It's only prevented from overspilling the edges by its own surface tension. Too much weight to the resin, and it spills! (I'm guessing it's maybe 1mm/1.5mm deep when it's cured). They're plenty tough though. I've had one on my RC30 for a couple of years now, and it's still 'as new'. (see pic)

I don't mind quoting costs. Those shown were all sold for £20 GBP - and that included shipping!

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
I am interested in one that looks like the Norton design, but with Italian flag and MV Agusta Logo at the top. John
Hi John. Do you mean the exact same shape with a circular Italian flag at the bottom in place of the union flag, and keeping the CF-effect backing? (..Or should I replace the CF-effect with a complete green/white/red tri-colore background?)

If you say what suits and PM me your e-mail address I'll send you a mock-up.

Steve

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi John. Do you mean the exact same shape with a circular Italian flag at the bottom in place of the union flag, and keeping the CF-effect backing? (..Or should I replace the CF-effect with a complete green/white/red tri-colore background?)

If you say what suits and PM me your e-mail address I'll send you a mock-up.

Steve
PM'ing you. thx.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you Andrew. Your link didn't work...my computer said it was corrupt???...so I just followed the detail in the URL to find the right page. I've been pulling my hair out trying to find this thing. I looked at all the forum sponsors but figured it would be in the carbon fiber section. Wrong place to look and you are the best. :yo:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts