MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
At the end of the day yesterday, I spoke with my MV dealer, whose sales manager is at the Milan Show. The dealer said that they, too, don't know yet but that they hoped to have that info soon. They guessed it would be a moderate increase over the 312 r: 15%?

·
Registered
5 Posts
with the devaluation of the U.S. Dollar against the Euro...I'd be surprised if it was only 15%...However that equates to a $3,000 price increase. We're talking somewhere around $25K before TT&L....Do dealers usually try to stick with additional cost like for Destination, Make Ready and such on top of the MSRP?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Wasn't the US price of the 312 already $25,000? May fear is that we will have a price increase on the 1078 and then another price increase on the next generation MV. So, what - the next generation F4's MSRP (base model) be around $28 to $30K? If that's the case, I'm out since having my first child has cause a priority shift.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Wasn't the US price of the 312 already $25,000? May fear is that we will have a price increase on the 1078 and then another price increase on the next generation MV. So, what - the next generation F4's MSRP (base model) be around $28 to $30K? If that's the case, I'm out since having my first child has cause a priority shift.

So be it....LIke I say, The U.S. Dollars devaluation will probably equate to 15% increase just by itself...

Yea, I know about those kids......Mine is 6 now. She drives me crazy...So crazy, I'd that's what would drive me to spend $30K on a MV....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just talked to European Cycle Sports in Plano Texas... The 08 312s they got sitting on their floor are $24,999 + $900 for destination and make ready...Plus TT&L......

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
check out this link from visordown.com

http://www.visordown.com/motorcyclenews/view/milan_show_mv_agusta_f4_312rr/1810.html

at the bottom of the link page it states:

THIS IS the new MV Agusta F4 312 RR. It's MV's latest high-end superbike with a top speed approaching 200mph. But although the bike's quick at the top end, MV claim the 312 (named because the testers clocked it at 312kmh) produces peak torque at only 8200rpm.

Estimate sale price in UK is £14,750

More to follow as soon as we have it.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
You can never use exhcange rates to calculate cost form continent to continent, it just doesn't work that way.
But, still, who knows what the price will be--But honestly IMO it should only be the same as the current 312R, I mean, it really isn't any more expensive to produce than the current bike, so why raise the price?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
That's true. Pricing is different for different markets. I'm hoping there's no price change but I'm guessing it will probably be $500 to $1,500.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Falling prices

If you think about these prices they will come down within the year. They will just drop a bike down in the product line or out of the product line line all together to make room at reasonable price points.

What I have heard, now that I am shopping for a new MV, is the "R" will be discontinued by next year the same way the "S" was last year to make room for the "R" at the 19K price point.

The current "312" will take the place of the "R" at the $19K price point and the "312 RR" by next year will be at the current "312" price point $25K. The 312RR is supposed to come in just at 30 to 32K this years but will move down the price line within the year.

You can see this happening now a few dealer are starting to offer 1000R's for 16K down from 20K and the summer has just begun. One dealer told me by the end of this summer the current 312 might be at 21K.

My recommendation is wait. Next year is supposed to be a new model year for MV possibly meaning the end of the current design and intro of an all new design. Which means all these bike will have to go and the dealers will blow them out.....

In the mean time I dont know what the hell to do about a new bike and it sucks because I bough my wife a GSXR 750 and I dont have NADDA.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts