MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have the opportunity to pick up a new set of Marchesini's in the limited edition gold similar to that which came on the Tamburini. But i'm not sure what the colour combo would look like on my Black/White 1078RR.
Has anyone done this or have similar gold wheels that may be able to show me a few photo's please??

Thanks
Ash

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that is helpful.
I think it looks good with those gold wheels, and on the Tambo the brighter more polished gold looks sensational. But not sure if on the black and white combo it will look like too much bling or out of place?

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Hey everyone,

I have the opportunity to pick up a new set of Marchesini's in the limited edition gold similar to that which came on the Tamburini. But i'm not sure what the colour combo would look like on my Black/White 1078RR.
Has anyone done this or have similar gold wheels that may be able to show me a few photo's please??

Thanks
Ash
You're gonna spend all that money for the gold color. The stock wheels are very light so why get them powder coated

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
514 Posts
I agree - Ash I only spent approx $500 for both wheels to be painted. That included, removal and reinstall and the bike delivered to my house - in Sydney

You're gonna spend all that money for the gold color. The stock wheels are very light so why get them powder coated

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
If you can get your hands on the Marchesini and I do it in a heart beat.

The 10 spoke Machesini are unique to MV. Nothing wrong with the standard 1078RR wheels, but design can also be found on some Ducati.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He Minime,
That looks awesome. I love it!!
Was this yours before you got the Tambo?
The gold frame plate really set it off as well.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
He Minime,
That looks awesome. I love it!!
Was this yours before you got the Tambo?
The gold frame plate really set it off as well.
Nope not my bike.

Before the Tambo I was about to pull the trigger on a 1078 as I had a set of Machesini and wanted to know what it would look like with the rims.

When the Tambo came up for sale I never looked back and got the Tambo and the rest is history.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree - Ash I only spent approx $500 for both wheels to be painted. That included, removal and reinstall and the bike delivered to my house - in Sydney
I hadn't really thought too much about powder coating or painting the originals. The main thing is that I would like the Tamburini Trademarked colour "OTB" gold. So i guess if that could be colour matched close to perfect I would consider it.
Although the actual Tambo limited edition ones have the "chiseled spoke" patter which I also really like.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope not my bike.

Before the Tambo I was about to pull the trigger on a 1078 as I had a set of Machesini and wanted to know what it would look like with the rims.

When the Tambo came up for sale I never looked back and got the Tambo and the rest is history.
I remember looking at your Tambo at Moto Arena while mine was getting Dyno'ed and all the upgrades. You were very lucky to pick up an awesome bike at a great deal.
Thanks again for the help with the pic.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mines not a loud gold but changes colour in different light
Hey Chris,
That seems like a similar Gold I have on my Ducati Tri-color.
I really love it on that but for the same reason I want something different on the MV

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the dark silver Mg Marchesinis on the Brutale right now, love them, i haven't seen another set
Hey Noel,
Do you have a pic of the Dark Silver Mg's?
I dont think I've seen them at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts