MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
I've a Garmin 276C fitted to the bike with the "ram-mount" system.

Absolutely perfect for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
My old emap

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
108 Posts
HI I use a ram mount system connected to a Otterbox to hold my HP 4705. I use bluetooth to connect to the gps receiver and to a gps headset (plugged into my sound system). I can easily transfer it from bike to bike. I wish I could make it connect automatically to the bluetooth headset as when it goes out of range it logs off the call and I have to reconnect when I get back. I got the ram mounts from Tourtech from here in the UK (I think some of the bits came directly from Gemany)

John

·
Registered
12 Posts
spalding12 said:
i'd love to know more about this setup for you...
as i have a Garmin 376C...... the same size unit

great setup

thanks for posting these images
I also have the 376c, and have it in a Touratech mount. I fabricated a mount for the XM antenna. I wonder where on a Brutale would be suitable for mounting the XM antenna?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
12 Posts
You'r right, it would be somewhat difficult to integrate the XM antenna.

I've been bouncing back and forth between getting a Brutale or a K1200R. Right now I'm leaning towards the K1200R. The available sport panniers are rather nice, for me anyway. It would add the ability to travel a bit further, throw in rain gear, etc, and occasional two up would be better. There isn't a motorcycle made that is as beautiful as the Brutale though.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have sold my 2002 K1200LT and 2005 R1200GS...
and am buying the 910R and BMW K1200GT.....
i'll go touring on that.... and have fun with the 910R

the K1200R is a great bike
you'll love it
plenty of room for all kinds of electronics

when i use my GPS on the 910R..... i'll leave that xm antenna OFF, i guess.... since i won't be going on any long trips.... i'll miss the XM Weather, however

when i have the bike in my garage, i'll decide what to do

you will LOVE the K1200R

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think the KR has some potential, it's just not as sexxy as the Brutale. I have 9 bikes in the garage now, just feeling like something new and naked. I usually like to take along a SLR when I ride, and the K1200R does offer a bit more reasonable small luggage capability than the Brutale. I thought about a backpack, but I've never been much of a fan of going that way.

I'm sure your 910R will put a gigantic grin on your face every time you ride it. I've owned a few Italian automobiles and motorcycles, and they were always a source of joy.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
12 Posts
Greg, in no particular order:

1952 Vincent Black Shadow (ride once or twice a year)
1963 BSA Goldstar
1947 Indian Chief
1994 Ducati 916
1998 Honda CBR1100XX
1985 Honda VFR500 (still a favorite)
2005 BMW R1200GS
2006 BMW F650GS Dakar
1995 BMW R1100GS

To be honest, I think BMW's quality has gone downhill quite a bit in the last few years. I won't be keeping the 05 GS, the 1995, which has been upgraded, is actually quite a bit better bike.

I think Ducati's quality has improved. The paint, fit and finish, etc., is nicer on the newer bikes than it was in the 90's.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Garmin eTrex with a handlbar mount on my Rizoma mirror stalk:

Also transfers seemlessly to my mt bike, rd bike, and car.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Say I want to mount a treo. Anyone have any tips? I was doing some research a bit ago and I came out confused as to which parts to get. I have a gps system and a bluetooth GPS receiver I use to log all of my trips (it can plot points and transfer them to be read on the computer with elevation/heading/location/speed).

·
Registered
108 Posts
HI as I said I use an ipaq (HX 4705) with bluetooth receiver and bluetooth headset. I use a ram mount and have a bolt on one for the Cagiva and a clamp on one for the Brutale. (THis is because I also use the clamp on for mounting a bullet camera for filming.) I mount the clamp on on the handle bars. THis is a bit difficult to find a good place because of the clutter and tapered bars. I put the receives in a tank bag base but have just put it in my pocket or rear box. I actually use the bluetooth headset to plug into my normal sound system. THe waterproof otterbox is only just big enough for the ipaq so I cannot power it. THe power connector on an ipaq is C£$% anyway. The ipaq only lasts about 3 hours so I have to do something to power it! Also the display would be brigher if powered. I am an observer for IAMs and have all the normal group routes programmed in as itineries.

John

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts