MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if it's just my bike but the LCD numbers are not that easy to read at speed, as if there's a lack of contrast between the displayed info and the background. Anyone else? I'll try to post a pic this weekend to demonstrate.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Its the same display on the Brutale, its not the greatest to be honest, I think the new Rivale's display is clearer.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
give me a couple of dials with needles any day over this digital stuff. You can see what you need out of the corner of your eye .

joe

·
Registered
504 Posts
The LCD screen was a move to save cost, just like Ducati did on the 899 Panigale, versus the TFT screen on the 1199. I'm sure you'll see MV upgrade the F4 to a TFT screen very soon to help set the larger bike apart from the F3.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the screen is ok. The width of the segments that make up the numbers are very narrow, so hard to read. The difference between 0 & 8 isn't much. I'm also thinking that the only times I have ridden the bike it's only been 5 or 6 degrees C, I know LCD displays can be a bit slow when cold, if that makes sense?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I reckon the problem is the small font. I use reading glasses nowadays and expected to have trouble reading it on the move, but luck is on my side the dash is just at the right distance that I can read it all quite clearly. In saying that, I'd still prefer larger font. And bring back old fashioned dials.

Check out the improved dash on the new MV Turismo Veloce. That's spot on, multi colours and larger font.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don't really care to much about the clock, don't think I've ever looked at it. Police tell me I never look at the speedo either.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
give me a couple of dials with needles any day over this digital stuff. You can see what you need out of the corner of your eye .

joe
+1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts