MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure it's a knockoff, but as long as it's made well I could care less. $250 is a fair price for that type of jacket - if you ignore the MV logo

·
Registered
396 Posts
It's custom made. They will do any combo of colors you see and patches, front, back, where ever you like. I've spoken to them on the phone, seemed decent, I ended up with an Alpinestars, but still think I might get one of these in the future.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Is that legit? I've never seen any MV piece of clothing priced so low
In the listing's text it mentions that the item is a "reproduction", though genuine cow hide.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have one. If you get caught in a hard rain, you get soaked, nowhere near waterproof. The white is paint not dyed so with wear it starts to flake off. My liner doesn't zip out so mine is hot. It fits, looks fine. Lettering is cut out leather pieces stitched on. If u have to have an MV jacket and don't want to pay hundreds more, is ok. Seller in Canada, jacket made in Pakistan.

·
Registered
983 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Also, it is not light, it is heavy and has no venting.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have one. If you get caught in a hard rain, you get soaked, nowhere near waterproof. The white is paint not dyed so with wear it starts to flake off. My liner doesn't zip out so mine is hot. It fits, looks fine. Lettering is cut out leather pieces stitched on. If u have to have an MV jacket and don't want to pay hundreds more, is ok. Seller in Canada, jacket made in Pakistan.
I really like the cut of the jacket. Not many other jackets are slim-fit like that. The MV branding is secondary and I would probably get it with no Brutale lettering on the back. Do you have a picture wearing this jacket? I'd be curious to see what it looks like in RL, stock photos can be deceiving.

·
Registered
871 Posts
An ok pic.

I got the XXL, this is one of the color options, I chose the patches on it. I have a shoei helmet and had that put on instead of Arai, and I had something else replaced. Like I said, It's ok, I'm a big guy. It's XXL, fits fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
they will put vents in if you ask, at least they would last year when I spoke with them. Alpinestars also makes this vintage cut in a couple models for about the same price $250-300, with zip out liner, vents.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I did a review of this jacket here. It will not hold up in a crash in any way shape or form. Looks cool, real leather (thin). Cotton stitching instead of nylon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts