MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Obmot said:
Turbo, based on your inventory, I think you have a serious bike addiction. Seek help. :moped:
lol

This stuff is like Crack. hahahahahhaha

Disclaimer: I've never actually taken crack.

I figure with Ferracci racing the bike there will be serious development which in turn equals SERIOUS MODS!!!! :yo:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ARCHILLE said:
Nate, you can talk to Travis (@STT) about this because at one time he had an F4 Strada for the track and a Senna for the street.
You know Travis????!!!!

That's a good friend of mine!!! I will shoot him an email.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Turbo329 said:
You know Travis????!!!!

That's a good friend of mine!!! I will shoot him an email.
Small world. I have Travis's old Strada. (see avatar) :) Actually Travis took that pic! :)

I don't have two F4s but I have an F4 and a Brutale. The F4 is track only. It's nice to have a parts bike, and nice that many parts are similar and interchangeable. So when you pick up spares, you get spares for either bike.

In that vain, something to consider is wheels. It's always nice to have an extra set of wheels with fresh rubber or rains. But the R has different rotors, axle, etc. The rear is interchangeable.

Two F4s? I like my arrangement, different yet similar. The only reason to have two bikes so similar is that you're so heavy into track that your mods to make it track worthy make it not street worthy or you're just too lazy to swap plastics or what not--which I can understand if you go to the track a lot...

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Turbo...I bet that 749 feels like a slug in comparison to your other rides...christ, a 999 race bike and an F41000....christ...

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Travis Poole? As in TP form MVF4S.com? How's he doing? Does he still have the Senna?

I know Kaming Ko has an Ago (I think) for the street and a dedicated 750 (my old '02 750) that he's coverted to a dedicated track bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I currently have 2 Aprilia Factory R bikes. One is a prsitine street only bike and the other is a race bike. WMRRA #121 AHRMA #124 AFM #121x

I like the arrangement, because aprilia has "issues" with getting parts out I can always cannibalize from one to the other, further the spares are interchangeable.

Italian bikes are awesome, but keeping them rolling can be a test of patience. Having the two bikes makes it alot easier. (if not less expensive...)

If i choose the the MV over thE 999 1098cc I will not be racing it, mainly due to the same reasons. Availibility of parts, tuners and race support. If I was going to race those classes a GSXR1000 makes a whole lot more sense. Not because its a better bike but because it is and Easier bike to race.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I recently though about having two F4-R's (one for the track and one for the street), but i would have to give up my Ducs for that and i'm not ready to lose them :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Travis Poole? As in TP form MVF4S.com? How's he doing? Does he still have the Senna?

I know Kaming Ko has an Ago (I think) for the street and a dedicated 750 (my old '02 750) that he's coverted to a dedicated track bike.
One in the same. No, he got rid of the Senna for an SPR two years ago.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Kaming is liquidating his bike collection and parts. Stopped by and picked up a Corse close-ratio gear box from him a week or so ago. :)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
ARCHILLE said:
Kaming is liquidating his bike collection and parts. Stopped by and picked up a Corse close-ratio gear box from him a week or so ago. :)
Do you know if he still had a silver MV 750 (my old bike)? Not that I want it back - I'm just curious to know what ever happened to her. (sniff)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts