MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else out there work at a DoD facility/base/installation where they are required to put a base sticker on their bike? The base commander here (new) is requiring everyone who rides a M/C to work to take the MSF Rider Course and register AND put the Base stickers on their bike. I really don't want to ride my bike to work anymore if I have to do this....For anyone who is in the military or works as a military contractor like I do, where do you put the stickers? On the fork? Do the stickers have to be affixed to the bike permanently?
Bill

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
How big are the stickers? The size of a licence plate yearly sticker (I only know the Canadian ones, I assume you have something similar?), or larger?

Here in the UK we have tax discs which serve the same purpose, and we have to display them on the vehicle. Cars put them inside the windshield, but motocyclists generally display them in disc holders. You can see mine attached to my front forks in one of the photos in my album. They hold a paper disc about 4 inches in diameter. You can get plastic, anodised, or carbon ones. They may look a little ugly, but you get used to it after a while..

Si

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
all the guys that i've seen who ride on base (btw, i'm not military, but have several rider buddies who are) put it on the fork tubes.

alex

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, on the fork tubes....yeah, I have seen those there from another facility. It's pretty darned ugly too.
The DoD rule states that you have to attach it to the bike, it cannot be in a sleeve or removable.
I am thinking I just won't ride the MV out here anymore. Thanks for the info guys..

BTW, used to live in Irvine and worked at Fluor....when they were still there on Jamboree and Michelson...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Down here in SoCal lots have to have them, and they make little plates that bolt on somewhere inconspciuous, and that they can easily remove.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips! I have never had to put anything on any of my bikes, usually the electronic ID badge gets me into any gate at any facility....but it has come to this and I'll have to do some more checking on regs and such.
Thanks again,
Bill

·
Registered
673 Posts
Put it on the inside of the belly pan.
Or on the backside of the license plate.
Or the underside of your hugger.

Anywhere else will be too ugly... :laughing:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Gr8racer said:
BTW, used to live in Irvine and worked at Fluor....when they were still there on Jamboree and Michelson...
. . . you mean the Cylon buildings? I think that's WaMu or ConAgra now.

Anyway, back to your problem, perhaps you could just trim the backing using an Exacto-knife so that only the sticky edges are exposed. This way, you don't end up with a lot of goo on your forks when/if you remove the sticker.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
When I had my R6...I put it on the airtubes...ya know, the part right under the clipons.

Right there, on the carbon part, but obviously on the other side... It's not an eyesore by being on the fork tube or on the windscreen/plastics. So, when you roll up to the base, it's right there for him to see, as he looks at your ID....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts