MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hey, they might as well. Probably a cruiser and full touring version with bags as well. You don't want to leave any market segment unfilled.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
IMHO Castolinni(excuse spelling) JR seems to be a better businessman than his father . He has really stepped up to the task of taking the reigns of the family business and ran with them.I cannot remember when MV was so sound financially even in this world economy down turn .

Sorry I regress, that being said I think Castolinni Jr is too sharp to allow the MV to put all its eggs in one basket having the MV product line turn into one base model configured into many different motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
This is a similar situation Ducati was faced with with there Excellent long running flagship Ducati 1198.
IMO Ducati should have left the traditional 1198 in the product line in limited numbers for a few years as a choice for riders who arnt looking for the latest ground breaking tech yet want the Ducati experience at an affordable price.

Can the exsisting 675 engine block be bored/stroked to 1050? If so MV Agusta could keep the price low ,and give customers another choice.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The 675 engine block can be stroked, but not bored for larger capacity (or so says MV). I don't believe something approaching 1000cc is possible without starting over.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a similar situation Ducati was faced with with there Excellent long running flagship Ducati 1198.
IMO Ducati should have left the traditional 1198 in the product line in limited numbers for a few years as a choice for riders who arnt looking for the latest ground breaking tech yet want the Ducati experience at an affordable price.

Can the exsisting 675 engine block be bored/stroked to 1050? If so MV Agusta could keep the price low ,and give customers another choice.
Not so sure this would have worked, as the 1198 wouldn't have been significantly cheaper than the Panigale. The 848 is aimed at those customers I would think.

It would be interesting if they came out with another engine size for the F3 though. In Australia the base F4 is not far off the price of the 800 (assuming the 800 is a few k more than the 675). They'd be cannibalising their own sales.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
If you want a 1000cc you buy a F4. If you want a 600cc you buy a F3.

You dont see ferrari boring its 458 italia to compete with its enzo?

Its there entry level bike its a market they are buying into where the buyer dont want to spend 30k on a bike or 24k for that matter

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
How can you say the F4 is old? It has stood up against all the manufacturers for 14 years. Its design is flawless and never needed a facelift till now and that is even a controversial with owners today.

I understand you F3 enthusiasts are just being that enthusiastic. Thats great. But the F4 carries the soul and the heritage of MV its why we are all here discussing everything MV.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you want a 1000cc you buy a F4. If you want a 600cc you buy a F3.

You dont see ferrari boring its 458 italia to compete with its enzo?

Its there entry level bike its a market they are buying into where the buyer dont want to spend 30k on a bike or 24k for that matter

I've had four F4s over the past 10 years. The 2013s dont have as much of a difference from the 2010 I just sold. And, I'd like to try something else in 2014.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only other choice is the Panigale. Not interested in the other two. Actually, I was planning on the Panigale next year until I heard about the F3 800. I've ridden lots of twins before (usually swaying between the F4 or Ducati's superbikes) but I've never even ridden a triple before which is why the F3 800 has my attention...but a liter class F3 would be even better. (But I reserve the right to change my mind after I ride a triple). ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I wouldn't rule out the RSV4 Factory!
That is one bike i would love to place beside my Brutale for track use only.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I spoke to a Gentleman from MV Italy at the NEC bike show last year, I said I would like a 1000cc verson of the F3, he told me the F3 motor would go to just under 900cc and no more

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Alan I think the F3 800 is able to deliver every thing a sport rider would need.
Hence Neeves latest and initial MCN test preview.
Further I believe that the F3 800 can keep up with every liter bike on public roads on provides tons of fun on race tracks.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
The ducati is a nice looking bike beside those hideous mirrors which completley ruin the front.

Its a shame MV dont make some sort of limited edition models to give is some differentiation

I just love the brand and the F4 and i hope they can get there act together in the colour scheme department again.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
How can you say the F4 is old? It has stood up against all the manufacturers for 14 years. Its design is flawless and never needed a facelift till now and that is even a controversial with owners today.

I understand you F3 enthusiasts are just being that enthusiastic. Thats great. But the F4 carries the soul and the heritage of MV its why we are all here discussing everything MV.

Easy...because the basic layout and design is old.
Nothing against the F4 at all...its beautiful, beautiful enough for me to buy two over the years and love them dearly, but to me it's starting to look bloated compared to the latest thinking and development in Superbikes. So does my current 1098R for that matter. Both are from an era before the current one.

I am not an F3 owner , and only ever owned F4's, and even I can admit, it's time for a complete rethink for the F4, which they are probably doing now...and I bet will be the most amazing F4 ever.

Lighter, lower CG, minimalist weight up high.......etc.
Yes, all the F4's and stupid beautiful, no one can ever deny that, I'm just saying the basics of the bike are old in design.

F3 is newer thinking, and looks it

·
Registered
504 Posts
To me, the F3 looks like the bike MV did after recognizing where the market is going. It's the new look of MV, cleaner and with its underslung exhaust, up-to-date mechanically.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts