Do you Road, Track, Race or Road/Track

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on your bike's 'main riding purpose', who rides their MV Agusta's:

1. on the road? (never been on the track)

2. on the track (NOT competitive racing)

3. on the RACE track (racing)

4. on the road and track (but not competitive racing)

And your MODEL of bike:

Year:
Model:

*NOT racing - ie. track days for the public.
**on the RACE track - ie. competition for trophies, points, money, etc..

:popcorn:

My answer is 1.
2010 MY 1090RR Brutale

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I am 99% on the road and do a trackday when I can. I would like to do more but at around $200 just for the trackday then travel, food, logging. I would have to cut way back on the mods:smoking:

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am 99% on the road and do a trackday when I can. I would like to do more but at around $200 just for the trackday then travel, food, logging. I would have to cut way back on the mods:smoking:
I have found that around $200 just for the trackday then travel, food, and logging is good value compared to $2000.00 fine, loose lic for 6 months and have your bike impounded because the cops say you were street racing. :stickpoke

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
My MV has only been on the road,
However I have done some track days on jap bikes and my Ducati.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mainly on the road but have booked some track days in the next couple of months.

2009 1078 Brutale

·
Registered
871 Posts
Ride on the roads like it's a track day. Then do track days when possible. Never used for commute, more like 2am no traffic fast and furious.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Both road and track on the Brutale 1090rr 2010.... Awaiting the arrival of the F3 which I can't wait to take out to the track. Will certainly use that on weekend blasts as well.

·
Super Moderator
22,445 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
F4 - Road only so far (lack of time and tracks at my previous home)
350B Sport - Road and Track
350B Corsa - Track only (Easter at the Moto Days)

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Ride on the roads like it's a track day. Then do track days when possible. Never used for commute, more like 2am no traffic fast and furious.
Indy has some great 2 am fast spots I bet. The loop would be great and the way the city is layed out like a grid. Not many hills or twisters though.

The new mv will never see the track unless I get richer, if I layer it downi would just sit down and cry. On the other hand, I am still trying to convince the wife:thewife: to let me keep the cbr 1000 and put some track plastics on it. I have never ridden the track but I am dying too try it. VIR is relatively close. No lodging necessary, I could drive back and forth.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Same here Hitcho73, my bike has sat in garage most of this summer thanks to all the rain. My family dont understand why i have the shits all the time. :cross:

·
Registered
988 Posts
I'm about 50/50 road and track :)

My local track (Lakeside) is less than 10 km away from my home. I can't help myself :yo:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
There is no track in my neck of the woods. :jerkoff:

It gets ridden on the street if it gets ridden at all.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
the 1000R was quite the handful on the track, stupid fast and too much power so I bought a 750 just for track days. Also, the 750 can go sliding down the track because its my second MV and means less than me first MV.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts