MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think guys, would you do this or is it a complete waste of time?

Please go gentle... I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm a stickler for a clean bike!

Skip to 14:40 to see before and after if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Nice video and yes I would do that.

Reactions: Mars312RR

·
Registered
59 Posts
I used to polish for my Fazer, but for TV...not sure as access without taking something apart would be pain pain😬

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
I apply a metal cleaning product several times a year but not to that extent as I like a more natural coloration but not to the degree of corrosive oxidation.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My exhaust is polished. I like the standard look when they are new but not after 10 years. I prefer polished then. As ever, you can't argue about taste.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Nope - I either buy titanium or wrap them.

Life is too short for polishing :)

Fantastic job though :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ceramic-This is a photo of my Ducati pipes after coating.
That looks fantastic! What did they charge you for that approximately? And do you need to completely remove your pipes from the bike, even headers, or do they do that for you?

I guess the polishing is for people like me on a budget 😂

·
Vendor
5,571 Posts
I removed the full exhaust system,they don't do that.
Competition Coatings in Brisbane did the work.
The full exhaust system around 6 pieces,less mufflers.1 heat shield and 4 springs cost $214.50 and took around a week to do.
If you work out how long it will take to polish your system and then is the on-going upkeep compared to the ceramic coating when all you have to do to clean it is wipe the exhaust over with a damp rag.Done.
Not to mention the lower heat transfer which is good for MV's.
I should have taken a before shot of my Ducati exhaust,it was rusty as hell,so I am happy with the result of the coating.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I removed the full exhaust system,they don't do that.
Competition Coatings in Brisbane did the work.
The full exhaust system around 6 pieces,less mufflers.1 heat shield and 4 springs cost $214.50 and took around a week to do.
If you work out how long it will take to polish your system and then is the on-going upkeep compared to the ceramic coating when all you have to do to clean it is wipe the exhaust over with a damp rag.Done.
Not to mention the lower heat transfer which is good for MV's.
I should have taken a before shot of my Ducati exhaust,it was rusty as hell,so I am happy with the result of the coating.
I've seen ceramic coatings that look dull, like an unpolished metal look. It always turned me off, but yours has a brilliant shine. And the price is great too. They must dip that in acid first to get rid of the corrosion and oxidized surface.

Does the ceramic coat fill in blemishes, deep scratches and pitting in the steel?

·
Vendor
5,571 Posts
I've seen ceramic coatings that look dull, like an unpolished metal look. It always turned me off, but yours has a brilliant shine. And the price is great too. They must dip that in acid first to get rid of the corrosion and oxidized surface.

Does the ceramic coat fill in blemishes, deep scratches and pitting in the steel?
You are correct about quality.
I had a Triumph Sprint 3 cylinder and I sent the rusted header pipes to a different coater in Brisbane.It took 2 weeks to do,cost me $360.00 and the finish was dull and looked like silver frost paint.Not happy.
The Ducati pipes look like Chrome.The proccess is called "Cermakrome"
They dip the parts in some type of cleaning solution,then do the cermakrome,then they polish all parts.
Most of the scratches and blemishes do dissappear,except for deep pitting.
Here is their website,have a read and their photo gallery.

Competition Coatings – high performance ceramic coatings

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are correct about quality.
I had a Triumph Sprint 3 cylinder and I sent the rusted header pipes to a different coater in Brisbane.It took 2 weeks to do,cost me $360.00 and the finish was dull and looked like silver frost paint.Not happy.
The Ducati pipes look like Chrome.The proccess is called "Cermakrome"
They dip the parts in some type of cleaning solution,then do the cermakrome,then they polish all parts.
Most of the scratches and blemishes do dissappear,except for deep pitting.
Here is their website,have a read and their photo gallery.

Competition Coatings – high performance ceramic coatings
Awesome thanks Mitchy!

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
There is a Section for polishing pipes
It's called Customizing
😄👎

·
Wing Nut
21,304 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts

that will be a big yes polish all the way

·
Registered
238 Posts
I do it all the time. Sometimes, my wife does it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Secondary polish and refit little triangle to be fitted in and I also treated her to a new registration number .

Reactions: bogie and Hoon
1 - 20 of 34 Posts