1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
yeah, last weekend, didn't mind. i switched off on a Speed Triple and also on a KTM superduke, so enjoyed myself anyway. was interesting to see my bike in front of me. Damn did it look good though. :)

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
I'm going to let the guy who taught me how to ride have a go this weekend, but he'll be the only one other than the mechanics who service it...

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I have a couple of close friends who ride my bikes and I ride theirs. It's not something I would let anyone do, just these two guys who I have known for many years who are good sensible riders and I'd like to think they regard me in the same vein. :)BTW where's this 1098 Greg??? :jsm: Has someone bought me a late Birthday/Christmas present :stickpoke

·
Registered
150 Posts
The only one I would allow to ride my F4 is my girlfriend Laura, and I know for sure that Laura won't allow anyone to get closer than 3 fts to her Brutale maybe not even myself! :)
We would consider to exchange the other bikes we have even though only with some reliable good old friends of ours (and already did so sometimes).

·
Registered
848 Posts
Nobody is even allowed to touch to Mike´s Starfighter.... :stir: :laughing:
Pier is the only person on earth Mike would have alloved to ride his bike!!! :king:

Mike has allowed few friends to ride his 998S.... :moped: :ahhh:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes. I let friends ride the bikes. The only way I wouldn't is if I didn't think they could handle a particular bike. I wouldn't let someone inexperienced ride the Brutale, not becuase I would worry about the bike so much, but I wouldn't want anyone to hurt themselves. The Brute is , after all, a righteous beast...but it needs to be respected. It can get you into trouble, and it also can get you out, but not if you don't know what you are doing. SO all in all, for me, it is a safety issue with respect to the persons abilities.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
john said:
I have a couple of close friends who ride my bikes and I ride theirs. It's not something I would let anyone do, just these two guys who I have known for many years who are good sensible riders and I'd like to think they regard me in the same vein. :)BTW where's this 1098 Greg??? :jsm: Has someone bought me a late Birthday/Christmas present :stickpoke
+1. :eek:nthecan:

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
My other bikes, all the time, if they know how to ride, and I have ridden with them before.

The Tamburini, sure, under the above conditions AND...They show up on something I want to ride. Case in point, Netizen's BRAND SPANKING NEW F41000R!!!

Would I flip anyone the keys and say, "Have a blast!"...? Probably not without me going out with them, me on their bike.

Sharing is caring...Don't be selfish! :naughty:

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a colleague with a Brutale 750, he sometime ask to ride my 910 when we are on the way. We swap then for a few km's.
I allow also my brother to ride my bike if he wants ... but only when I can ride his MotoMorini Corsaro :).

Regards, Doom

·
Registered
77 Posts
i will only let 2 of my closest friends and husband ride mine. i have ridden on the back of my bike once with my friend piloting. was sortof fun/scary. i feel bad for your SO's on that pillion seat.

Doom...how is that Corsaro? i wish they had them in the US. id love a go on that one.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Doom said:
I allow also my brother to ride my bike if he wants ... but only when I can ride his MotoMorini Corsaro :).

Regards, Doom
Corsaro 1200, I presume! :) It's really a beauty!
By the way, did your brother have some trouble with electronic management? I know many 1st series bikes had to change the whole system! I like that bike very much and I was considering the purchase last summer but had many doubts about its reliability.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm a lot more selective now. I let someone I knew ride my Ducati 750SS and somehow he dropped it going down my old apartments twisty driveway and it slid about 20 feet. Left a nice long yellow streak on the driveway, but fortunately he was okay, just a scraped knee. I've only let one person ride my MV, like Sventekoz did, the guy who taught me to ride. If anyone else is going to ride it, I'll let them know in advance that they'll be responsible for any damages they cause.

·
Registered
720 Posts
!!

spalding12 said:
always a controversial topic
i did let 1 person i knew very well take a quick spin on my Brutale
usually don't do that
most folks i know WOULD NEVER ASK

what about you?

do you ever let folks ride your bikes?

will you let anyone ride your 1098?

thanks in advance
I gave a ride to my mecanic with no worries because i know that he knows what starfigter is and what it means to me..When i met Piggiolino in Italy,i asked him if he wanted to try starfigter(before his own SF) and he didn´t want to..and any friends we met in Italy nobody even asked me if they could try.I think it would be possible if the owner ask somebody to try but if some body ask to it , IT´S NOT POSSIBLE... :smoking:

·
Registered
503 Posts
As a general rule, no; I don't hand my bike over to other people. Trading off with someone you ride with is within the realm of possibilities though.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I keep offering to let someone ride my F4 1kS.

But they keep REFUSING!!???

Alvin (admin), care to step in here an EXPLAIN YOURSELF?

Alex

·
Registered
668 Posts
Greg, good question and some interesting answers. I would have expected many more people to say "no way."

The only person I would let ride my Brutale is my brother. My friend let his girlfriend "ride" his bike. She rode it 20 feet before she dropped his Duc Monster. No real damage, but scratched it up here and there. I'm not picking on women here because I also have a male friend who borrowed a bike and did the exact same thing. I'm just saying that there are never any hard feelings about broken bits and scratches if you don't lend it out in the first place.

I'm not even going to get into the ramifications of someone borrowing a bike and hurting themselves. Aside from feeling badly, I'm sure there could be legal ramifications. Anyone with a law degree care to comment on the possibility of a civil case in this instance?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts