MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It´s been a year now that I´m wondering about doing an MV Agusta tatoo. :idea:
I only have an indian "dream catcher" on my arm, made in the Faro bike meeting 10 years ago when I was on crutches because of an XJR 1200 Yamaha accident (was the car´s fault, as usual).
So I´m not a tatoo guy, let´s say. But I would like to imortalize this deep connection with my one and only - The F41000R, in my case.
If you have a wife or girlfriend´s name tatooed, you risk the obvious - to get outdated :wtf:, with the problems inerent to that...

But with a bike, you know that even if you decide to change the brand one day (rather loose my legs first!), the next bike is not gonna be jealous of your MV tatoo, it´s not going to make you take it of, and so on. It´s there to keep that wonderful memory...:heart:

So I´m really curious if there´s any of you MV owners out there that can show us their love for your 4-in-line-cylinder-with curly-radial glazing-valves-blowing-in-the-wind love. :hump:

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm sort of playing with the idea. Probably get the actual bike rather than a logo or something. Maybe in a few years when we've spent more time together:)

I know someone here has a big MV logo on their leg, can't remember who though.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
And what if you like Ducati more in a few years??

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
...you are talking about his tattoo, right?:jsm::stickpoke:smoking:

·
Registered
5,040 Posts

·
Registered
5,040 Posts

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Randy, I don't think I've ever met Rob. Or seen his tattoo. You're confusing me with some Brutie rider. :stickpoke

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Randy, I don't think I've ever met Rob. Or seen his tattoo. You're confusing me with some Brutie rider. :stickpoke
That's your story, and you need to stick to it.......:naughty:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Max, if you have a Ducati after the MV (or at the same time) and than a Bimota and than a Laverda and so on, just put them top to bottom from your neck till your feet. Preferably by alphabetical order. Simple! :popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
I don't think I'd ever get an MV Agusta tattoo.
I do have a few MV Agusta t-shirts though. Is that the same or am I not showing the required level of commitment?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Clearly not. You are unworthy. Sell your bike.

I have a "Fight Club" attitude to brands in general, so none of this really apply to me.
I can keep enjoying riding it without even having a MV keyfob.
Brand or no brand, I chosen this bike because I like it.
If the brand mess up too much, I'll just move on to another product or interest.

He should get a tattoo:
http://youtu.be/wvsboPUjrGc

·
Registered
301 Posts
And what if you like Ducati more in a few years??
That's the most asked question about getting any tattoo...

I see it like this: Your tastes may change in the future, hell, maybe you'll hate motorcycles in general later on in life, but that doesn't change your past. There will always be a time in my life (right now) that I absolutely loved MV Agusta and everything else is unworthy junk. You get it to remember that at one time in your life, a mechanical conglomeration of moving parts and art, stirred enough passion in your soul to permanently alter your body as a reminder of how much you loved that stupid thing:):f4:

·
Vendor
5,277 Posts
It´s been a year now that I´m wondering about doing an MV Agusta tatoo. :idea:
I only have an indian "dream catcher" on my arm, made in the Faro bike meeting 10 years ago when I was on crutches because of an XJR 1200 Yamaha accident (was the car´s fault, as usual).
So I´m not a tatoo guy, let´s say. But I would like to imortalize this deep connection with my one and only - The F41000R, in my case.
If you have a wife or girlfriend´s name tatooed, you risk the obvious - to get outdated :wtf:, with the problems inerent to that...

But with a bike, you know that even if you decide to change the brand one day (rather loose my legs first!), the next bike is not gonna be jealous of your MV tatoo, it´s not going to make you take it of, and so on. It´s there to keep that wonderful memory...:heart:

So I´m really curious if there´s any of you MV owners out there that can show us their love for your 4-in-line-cylinder-with curly-radial glazing-valves-blowing-in-the-wind love. :hump:
I have a tattoo on my back with my first wifes name in it.When we divorced I tried very hard to find a new wife with the same number of letters in her name but I fell one letter short.Damm,now the name is blacked out.So you are right,never get a tattoo with a womens name in it unless it's your mothers name,your pretty safe there.:naughty:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
But seriously, I agree with xeorex - having the logo you´re being almost "comercial" and not aiming the goal of a tatoo in itself.
But an actual picture of you and your bike, geared up, cornering on a track day, for instance is different thing. A good tatooer would make it in a way that it would look it´s coming out of your body, perfect coulors and shapes too. :smoking:
And now the question is...where on your body? And what size? :rolleyes:
I believe that on your calves, for instance - the back of your leg - is a good option, as it doesn´t get twisted or deformed with time, it´s not a hairy place (I imagine the jockes now, ehe), and you can see it, but is discrete at the same time. Just imagine the best pic you have of you and your bike, whatever place the pic is taken, your helmet, your leathers....you freeze that moment in time. :naughty:
Sounds interesting enough for me. Or only your MV on a standing side view, with that custom unique paint job you´ve done....When you see it, you´re with her somehow...mmmm. And that´s comforting...:mouthwate
If you have special thoughts to another bike(s) too, as Max was saying ,it´s better not to do it...
But there is one and only one that got your heart for life!:love: Such as with women, of course, isn´t it, Randy? You know it...you just know...
You might have had other bikes on your life, but it comes to a point where you know you´ve got THE ONE. You can´t love them all and get a list on your body, Mitchy ehe :thewife:.
A tatoo has to be a way of capturing those feelings you have/had with , one single bike,one single image, a picture taken that´s representing all the feelings and joy for that particular one.
Where?
If you put it on a spot that you´re not able to see it, forget it! It´s just for the others to admire. If you have it on a spot that it´s too round, like an arm, it´s got to be done on a longitudinal way, like on the inside of your forearm, to work, and that´s a nice option, too, as for the back of your lower leg.
Take your time - a tatoo has to be reeeealy well planned, so you don´t regret it later. :cry:
And the thing is...the other bikes aren´t going to mind that some other bike is the ONE for you...like women would :argue:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts