MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about selling my R1 and turning the funds around into aftermarket parts for the MV. What do you think? I placed less than 300 miles on the R1 last yr. Must admit I love to see all 3 bikes in the garage. Not sure if I could get $6K out of her, even if I parted her out and placed back to stock. Just seeing some of the great things some of the members are doing to their bikes and want to join in without getting into the savings account:stickpoke

Attachments

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm in the same situation. All I ride is the duc and the MV. I don't enjoy the R1 really and only ride it cause I can't stand to let it sit. It's currently in pieces getting rebuilt stock to sell it and all the aftermarkets. Thinking about adding an RSV4.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I had 2 bikes before, 02 and 04 R1 and i just sold my 02 R1 to buy an MV Agusta. and looking at your R1 not worth selling it like it is, but if you put it back on a stock form it a good choice.

·
Administrator
20,368 Posts
Put it back stock and sell it...then sell all the bling separate...you'll get more money that way.

Randrew, you have one understanding wife, letting you play with bikes so much. :stickpoke

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I agree with John and Ed.

I would add that the word investment and MV don't go well in the same sentence.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
"invest" probably isn't the best word to use when talking about sticking more money into the MV! :)

Just paying insurance on multiple bikes gets me down.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I am thinking about selling my R1 and turning the funds around into aftermarket parts for the MV. What do you think? I placed less than 300 miles on the R1 last yr. Must admit I love to see all 3 bikes in the garage. Not sure if I could get $6K out of her, even if I parted her out and placed back to stock. Just seeing some of the great things some of the members are doing to their bikes and want to join in without getting into the savings account:stickpoke
Of course. Take it (this pic, not the bike itself) to a few breakers and see what they offer. :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Put it back stock and sell it...then sell all the bling separate...you'll get more money that way.

Randrew, you have one understanding wife, letting you play with bikes so much. :stickpoke
+1
return it to stock, sell the bling bling, sell the R1
then
Pimp your ride:drummer:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Get a MV. I have owned EVERY model Yamaha R1 since 1999. I loved Yammys, but NOTHING I have ever ridden is as exhilarating as the MV.

Also, I am seriously interested in buying your conversion kit, the wheel and the swingarm. LMK, I have a side project right now that could use it...

-OC

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
yes and get new 2010 MV for sure ^^

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I had the 02 R1 I sold it all with race parts and everything and got the same as if it was bone stock. so sell the after parts then sell the bike more money. but I loved my 02 R1 and wish I just kept it to be honest!

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I placed it on the R1-forum to see what kinds of offers I can get. It may sound stupid put I am sometimes scared of used stock parts since I don't know their history. When it comes to parts like forks and swingarms. I would hate for them to go bad.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Andrew, it's a really nice bike.
I would not sell it, unless you can justify taking such a hit on your investment of time and money.
Maybe just ride it more often? It seems a real shame to part out that beauty.

·
Registered
879 Posts
(-1)

I agree with John and Ed.

I would add that the word investment and MV don't go well in the same sentence.
Dead On.
Or more appropriately -1. Highly discourage purchasing a motorcycle as an investment. And adding bling further reduces your ROI. Have you seen the seller who upgraded every performance part then included the following statement in the for sale description, "never raced and always ridden with care."
Get is as close as you can to stock, then sell the performance parts separately, or include a few as in incentive to get the price you want for your bike.
Sorry to see so many people have to let go of their toys. Hopefully, the sell will provide you with other opportunities.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dead On.
Or more appropriately -1. Highly discourage purchasing a motorcycle as an investment. And adding bling further reduces your ROI. Have you seen the seller who upgraded every performance part then included the following statement in the for sale description, "never raced and always ridden with care."
Get is as close as you can to stock, then sell the performance parts separately, or include a few as in incentive to get the price you want for your bike.
Sorry to see so many people have to let go of their toys. Hopefully, the sell will provide you with other opportunities.
I guess the word invest has been taken the wrong way. Yes aftermarket parts lose more value than the stock bike. I could of used the term proceeds from the sale to enhance the MV.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Andrew, it's a really nice bike.
I would not sell it, unless you can justify taking such a hit on your investment of time and money.
Maybe just ride it more often? It seems a real shame to part out that beauty.
The real shame is if you ever get rid of that great rid you are working on:mouthwate

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
dont be worried about the condition of the used stock parts espicially if your selling the thing. all buyers know or should know when buying a used anything their could be faults

1 - 20 of 27 Posts