MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i might bite the bullet and get the RG3 pipes for better soundtrack. i already have Ti mid-pipe with no cat and Race ECU. so, do i just have to get the pipes (RG3 Inox pipes F4; Prod ID: RRSC001; from MV site). the goal is to get better sound.

the manifolds they listed contains mid-pipe with no cat (Inox manifolds no cat. F4 1000S/R euro3, 312, 1078 ; Prod ID: SPSCI001F4). since my bike already have that setup, i am assuming that i just need the pipes. please correct me if i am wrong.

thanks a lot.

cheers.
henry.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
IF you have the midpipe, you only need the RG3 slipons. You could get the race headers if you want, but then you would need a different mid pipe.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, CAG. i don't think i want to change the headers. i would just get the pipes.

cheers.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
get the pipes, and ride it . then you will know if further adjustment to fuel needed.
thanks, jomarti1. i am assuming the Race ECU i got would allow the tech to adjust the mapping if required. i will ride it and get a feel before making any adjustment, of course.

by the way, i also ordered the alcantara seat (from MV). i have a disaster waiting to happen with the seat being so slippery. should have changed the damn thing long ago!

thanks.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you might need to increase the fuel a little bit.(wich was my case)....
just talked to the service manager. he doesn't have any means to re-program the Race ECU, if it has to be re-mapped. it needs to be sent to MV which would be a week+ downtime! i am going to ride it after the installation and assess how it feels. hopefully i may get lucky without having to re-map the ECU.

cheers.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I could recommend a great guy to remap your ECU.... but I might ged banned :stickpoke

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could recommend a great guy to remap your ECU.... but I might ged banned :stickpoke
thanks, cooper3309. we could talk offline, if i have to cross that bridge! :) i am hoping that the fuel mix is already rich since we installed the mid-pipe with no cat. i could be wrong (i am not a techie by any stretch of imagination). let me ride it and get a feel. i will post my observations.

·
Registered
64 Posts
just talked to the service manager. he doesn't have any means to re-program the Race ECU, if it has to be re-mapped. it needs to be sent to MV which would be a week+ downtime! i am going to ride it after the installation and assess how it feels. hopefully i may get lucky without having to re-map the ECU.

cheers.
I have the race ecu, open midpipe, and RG3 pipes (1000 R) and it runs amazingly strong with no power dips anywhere. You'll love it and the sound is much improved.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the race ecu, open midpipe, and RG3 pipes (1000 R) and it runs amazingly strong with no power dips anywhere. You'll love it and the sound is much improved.
cool! thanks, dude. that's what i was hoping to hear! just install and ride away! can't wait to hear how that would sound! don't wanna have too loud system. just trying to be socially responsible whenever i can! :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hi Aviator, How did the bike run without the end pipes but with the catless midpipe and race ecu.
hi rudi. when you say 'without the end pips', you mean, with stock pipes? the bike runs great. the Race ECU totally fixed the any fuel mapping issue. it is completely smooth. the cat-less mid-pipe helped on running cooler.

but, i can't quantify the significance of cat-less mid-pipe in isolation; because, i have also done the following: impeller, muzzi fans and engine ice. the operating temperature never exceeded ~215 or so (my memory is weak!). but, after this winter break, it runs bit hotter; seen around 225 or so. the tech thinks that the coolant cap may have damaged a bit during the winter storage. so, this afternoon, they are going to flush out the coolant and replace the cap (or something like that; sorry, i am not a techie).

also, i am installing the RG3 pipes this afternoon! can't wait to hear it!

cheers.

henry.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the longer you have it, the more the packing gets blown out, the better it sounds! ;)
dude, i hope you are right! :) i will post impressions on a separate thread. just got back. it sounds sweeeeet! nice, deep, throat-ier note. not loud, like i wanted.

cheers.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Use the stock headers. The Ti #2 sits right in front of the oil filter and has to come off to change the filter. Also the joint between the flange and the header on the stock headers is a bit sloppy as far as welding goes- not conducive to flow. Clean it up and smooth it out on all four.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Use the stock headers. The Ti #2 sits right in front of the oil filter and has to come off to change the filter. Also the joint between the flange and the header on the stock headers is a bit sloppy as far as welding goes- not conducive to flow. Clean it up and smooth it out on all four.
gee, lee, i have no idea what these mean!! :) i am not a techie; and, i don't do 'any' work on the bike or car. wish i did!

seriously, i do understand; but, since i don't work on it, i can't do much about it. i appreciate your suggestions.

thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts