MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up with FBF?. Big time props to Luca and Matt.....but how many races have ended for them because of mechanical issues? I've stopped counting. FBF needs to figure thier sh!t out. These guys are blowing up motors every race. :blah:


okay....I'm done. :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
241 Posts
They probably have it worked on by the local Denver dealership!?!?!?
Ytak said:
Whats up with FBF?. Big time props to Luca and Matt.....but how many races have ended for them because of mechanical issues? I've stopped counting. FBF needs to figure thier sh!t out. These guys are blowing up motors every race. :blah:


okay....I'm done. :)
 

·
Job Hunting
Joined
·
62 Posts
Hey,
We HAVE not been blowing up motors during the weekend/year. Mostly just little issues, Race 1 at Elkhart was a faulty hose clamp poping off, Cali Speedway was the shock coming apart, And Race 2 at Infineon was an internal part, but our engines are not becoming un-done. The bike is getting better. We have just had some teething issues so to speak..... we expect big changes for Miller... Thanks for all of the support guys!!! You Rock!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
BottleRocket50 said:
Hey,
We HAVE not been blowing up motors during the weekend/year. Mostly just little issues, Race 1 at Elkhart was a faulty hose clamp poping off, Cali Speedway was the shock coming apart, And Race 2 at Infineon was an internal part, but our engines are not becoming un-done. The bike is getting better. We have just had some teething issues so to speak..... we expect big changes for Miller... Thanks for all of the support guys!!! You Rock!
Whoa.
You never know who is listening :)
Well to be fair everyone, FBF did say this was a 'shake down' season.
You really cant expect a new bike on a track new to it, with half the team who has not been here before to shine............ unless you are Rossi and Jeremy :naughty:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,388 Posts
Thanks Matt. Keep up the fight :f4:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,903 Posts
Matt don't get upset. Here are only peoples complaining about You, Luca and FBF which don't have a glimpse of a Clue about Racing. I saw only Daytona so far, since I'm out of business reasons in Italy. But from what I read I can see that you Guys do a marvelous job. Realisticly is a top ten result a giant achievement, any better would be a wonder. Considering the full factory competition of HoYaKazuki. What did I read last time that Mladin and Spies have now even a Launch Control, besides all the other electronical aids. No wonder that the old man and Ben drive like from another star. Matt do You know anything about Factory develepment of driving Aids, as traction control ? Which would be available for FBF soon ? Of Course this would need excessive testing either. How ever good luck on the next rounds, You do pretty well my friend !
 

·
Job Hunting
Joined
·
62 Posts
Make no mistake, Im not upset not even a little. I know what Ytak was stating. He is just wondering what is going on, Im just trying to fill everyone in and make the facts clear. Yes, it is true some of the issues that we have had, could have been prevented but some of these issues came outta nowhere. Such as a hose clamp in race one at Elkhart, The shock in race two at Cali was just a freak deal. Anyways, we should have some more new stuff to try out at Miller for the race. As for electronics, Im not quite sure when and what we will get....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
haupti said:
"HoYaKazuki"
I think that ia officially a new word in my vocabulary :naughty:
Hey Toves33, didnt Matt look like me folded up on my F4??
...... Just... faster....and cooler... and happier (I really need a new job :violin: )
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
241 Posts
Or, maybe Ducati and Stoner!!!!
TreeMV said:
Whoa.
You never know who is listening :)
Well to be fair everyone, FBF did say this was a 'shake down' season.
You really cant expect a new bike on a track new to it, with half the team who has not been here before to shine............ unless you are Rossi and Jeremy :naughty:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Matt. Your dad built me an endurance tank for my MV. Denning and Risinger raced my MV at Daytona.

I think you guys are doing a great job. I think you are proving to everyone that you run with the big boys. You should be proud.

I guess my post was just out of frustration for you. I understand first year problems....but this by no means is FBF first year. I think they should be able to give you a bike that goes 20 laps.

Good luck the the rest of the season. You want to see pics of that big ass tank your dad made....take a look in "my album" under Daytona.

Jon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
haupti said:
Matt don't get upset. Here are only peoples complaining about You, Luca and FBF which don't have a glimpse of a Clue about Racing. I saw only Daytona so far, since I'm out of business reasons in Italy. But from what I read I can see that you Guys do a marvelous job. Realisticly is a top ten result a giant achievement, any better would be a wonder. Considering the full factory competition of HoYaKazuki. What did I read last time that Mladin and Spies have now even a Launch Control, besides all the other electronical aids. No wonder that the old man and Ben drive like from another star. Matt do You know anything about Factory develepment of driving Aids, as traction control ? Which would be available for FBF soon ? Of Course this would need excessive testing either. How ever good luck on the next rounds, You do pretty well my friend !
Ahh, if you're referring to Ytak, take a look at his album. That's him racing an MV. He also ran a team which finished 2nd in an endurance race at Daytona to a GSX-R1000 back in 2003. They were on a 750.

He knows racing better than 99% of people here, at least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,903 Posts
Well Ytak, is a true racer but his initial comment was written in frustration and he changed his wording after he calmed down. The Point is that we do have all the time threads were Peoples questioning why FBF is not winning every race. And this is in fact higly unfair. We simply can't ignore he fact what the US Importers invest Millions with full factory support of the japanese manufacturers. And see even Honda USA is, with factory support of the holy HRC , not capable of challenging Suzuki. A Workshop as FBF and a little Italian Outfit as MV Agusta are simply underdogs compaired to the Almighty. So everyone of us wished FBF could do the sudden wonder, but I feared that they need a lot of luck and development to be anywhen on the Podium. And sorry Ytak if I named You a clueless. Next time I know when You are angry and frustrated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haupti said:
Well Ytak, is a true racer but his initial comment was written in frustration and he changed his wording after he calmed down. The Point is that we do have all the time threads were Peoples questioning why FBF is not winning every race. And this is in fact higly unfair. We simply can't ignore he fact what the US Importers invest Millions with full factory support of the japanese manufacturers. And see even Honda USA is, with factory support of the holy HRC , not capable of challenging Suzuki. A Workshop as FBF and a little Italian Outfit as MV Agusta are simply underdogs compaired to the Almighty. So everyone of us wished FBF could do the sudden wonder, but I feared that they need a lot of luck and development to be anywhen on the Podium. And sorry Ytak if I named You a clueless. Next time I know when You are angry and frustrated.
Please understand. I don't expect podiums from the MV team in the first year. I never questioned why they were not winning. I think Matt and Luca are doing a fine job. You read alot more into my thread than what I said. My problem is the amount of DNF's due to mechanical....and Matt talked about the problems. Your defence of FBF is abit off topic.
 

·
Job Hunting
Joined
·
62 Posts
Its all good. I think everyone is on the same page here. We all know what we want to do, we just have to take the steps to get there. There is not a better leader for this project then Ferracci. Yes the DNFs are not fun...but it will get better.

Ytak, yeah I remember that tank...My dad had some thinking to do with that thing. I think that he really liked the challenge. Thanks for the support, Its nice to have people behind us. I hope to see you out at the races one day....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
(Stirring the pot...)

I'm wondering if any of this stuff would be a problem on a Superstock bike :)

Matt, you're looking good. From what I can see, anyway. You put the hurtin to some fast bikes and riders at Infineon which is great. From what I see, it looks to me like you're able to get into corners pretty good and generally push the bike chassis wise. Is this the truth? Looks like the bike isn't blazingly fast, but I think you can't really expect it to be at this point yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
Thanks Matt. Looked like white smoke on TV so I figured it was a coolant line or something like that. Looking forward to the next one!

hey, guys, keep in mind Ferracci had loads of time with Ducs in the past but he's just started to race the MV in AMA. It takes a while to figure things out and Mladin/Suzuki have a HUGE reservoir of data and experience with one make of bike. And don't forget, nobody else is kicking their butts either including some very well-funded teams and some very experienced riders. It's an uphill road. Keep going Matt. We're with you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
I had a great time on Sunday... even though the rain put a damper on my wife's spirit's with being there (may have to go solo next year). Watched from turn 3 mostly, and was quite disheartened when I heard Matt went down in turn 1 after giving Miguel some fits. Awesome Matt!
I love exclusivity. Walked past the Suzuki pits with 50 people trying to get a glimpse of Matt and Ben, but I was a proud MV supporter all weekend. Heard one of the track announcers who kept calling it "agusta" -american pronounciation. Seems someone spelled it out for him, because he got it right the rest of the day.
My first time at Road America... very cool. Great job Matt and Luca.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top