MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that the catalytic converter looks rather ugly on my Brutale 910S. I have seen that it is possible to buy a replacement link pipe that eliminates the catalytic converter. If I decide to buy this kind of pipe I will most likely buy a Power Commander too. I have a Power Commander with a custom map on my 2006 F4-1000 with race exhausts and no catalytic converter. The fuelling is so much smoother on that bike than on the Brutale where everything is stock. Has anyone done this modification to their bike and are willing to share their experience?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I've done this. I did them separately.... midpipe first, then PCIII later to attempt to resolve stalling issues (sorta helped, not really). But end result is pretty smooth....

forget what i had to change for just the midpipe, i think the eprom.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Motovation mid-pipe, no remapping necessary. Just a good tune-up via the throttle bodies, runs and sounds better, cooler.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Motovation mid-pipe, no remapping necessary. Just a good tune-up via the throttle bodies, runs and sounds better, cooler.
Spot on - any midpipe (arrows, MV Corse etc), and then just a tune should work fine.

Pretty cost effective performance enhancement...

Unless of course your Brute is post 2007, then you will have to buy an entire exhaust, as you cannot just replace the midpipe by itself.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Unless of course your Brute is post 2007, then you will have to buy an entire exhaust, as you cannot just replace the midpipe by itself.
You have to replace the headers and mid-pipe (which are all in one piece on post 2007 Brutes) but not necessarily the cans.
And the PCIII is not compatible with the Euro3 Brutale ECU (post 2007).
On my 2008 Brute, I'm currently running Arrow headers, midpipe and ti twin cans. It's pretty rough with the stock ECU, despite finetuning. I've got a Microtech on order, hopefully coming soon.
M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts