MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so the last ride I did on the 2011 1090R was Friday and about 3hrs long, all riding at 140+kph, back country flat, empty, roads :)

Anyways, noticed a lot more oily crude on the engines left side (clean on right side), engine oil level still good. Today I went for a quick ride, started and ran smooth, but when I started for my ride back, the initial idle was rough and the engine was giving an odd chirping noise (like a low pitched belt squeal on a car) that lasted for a bit, but eventually quit and ran smooth just before my concern would have gotten me to kill the motor.

Has anyone else had this kind of noise. It kind of sounded low and forward so initially had me worried a main had started spalling or turning, but as it went away I'm thinking that's unlikely.

If it happens again I'll try getting a clip of it. Just asking for possible insight at the moment.

·
Old Wing Nut
22,155 Posts
Starter clutch?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering whether it might be the starter holding on and protesting my engine reving. I'll have to give it another start up tonight and see if I can catch it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts