I dont know if a fiberglass tank have the right
Shape ? If so , it will work to ,
I live in sweden , i have an idea to fabricate
New in metal ,,
Kind regards åke

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Hi Ake - I have a Fiberglass tank I removed from a Disco Volante that I'm planning to sell. It was on the bike for years since I bought it and I did ride the bike for years with it on. The fit was correct. I had a steel tank made last year, and replaced it on the Disco. So let me know if you are interested, maybe we can work out a reasonable price. I will send you pictures of it side by side with the Steel one. let me know if I can help!

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hallo Alex
Looks nice with the new made gastank , how much had you
Thinking to sell your fiberglass gastank for ?
And how much will postage to sweden cost in the most echonomic
Way ? Kind regards Åke

·
Registered
276 Posts
Interesting, thanks for posting. That steel tank looks like a very exacting reproduction at least on the top. Alex which bike is that going on? I thought you had sold the telescopic fork version. Is the new steel tank going on your Earle's fork bike?

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
No, the Earl's Fork Disco I have already had the correct steel tank, the one I had made in Italy (shown on the picture), was placed on the telescopic fork one before I sold it.It was an expensive and long process, but the right thing to do before offering it.

Take care!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hallo everybody..
can some of you have Pictures of a original disco gastank. if somebody have a Picture to the bottom, i have a Agusta 175 gastank..and it have strengthening Square patterns inside the frametube passing..is the disco tank pressed like that.. ?
Thanks Alex ..for a good Affair..

Kind regards Åke

·
Registered
276 Posts
it have strengthening Square patterns inside the frametube passing..is the disco tank pressed like that.. ?
Yes there is some forming stampings inside the tunnel of the original tanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok that is what i meant.. i love to find the forming stamps of an original disco gastank, on the fibreglass
one i bought now it looks like a tear shaped formstamping. can this be correct? on my 175 cc gastank it is a rectagual shape splitted in 3 sections..
im glad i find a gascap to my tank..with a BP logo on,,,the best of 2 Worlds ..

kind regards Åke

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
can someone have the correct formstampings inside the frametunnel to show ?
i bought a Pullman gastank and the groundshape is very similar to a disco gastank .. so maby the have the same formstamps??
kind regards Åke

1 - 13 of 13 Posts