MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halloween night it was cold (for SoCal) and the Brutale was outside until late.....

next day, I wondered as I put my helmet on.....

got my fingernails in the groove and the lens popped right off....
the factory glue stuck perfectly to the glass, but not the plastic housing at all:jsm:

cleaned it and used RTV Form-a-Gasket......

might change to DAP elastomeric caulk, I KNOW it sticks and its guaranteed for 50 years

'08 910R

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Good stuff Noel - So I need to learn to finger my headlight before riding :wtf: :confused:

I guess it pays to be vigilant! :yo: Nice catch :)

·
Vendor
5,372 Posts
Very lucky there Noel,otherwise bits of Brutale lense shattered all over the road,Mitch.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
glued?

the glue stuck perfectly to the glass.......and was a PITA to get off of it

NONE stuck to the housing:wtf:

guaranteed, i know where it would have come off, the dip in the road at PHC and PV Blvd......why? i'm up on the pegs for it, the BMW GS bottoms out there
MV doesn't, but definitely launches your ass, if you're on the seat......car frames groove the concrete:naughty:

favorite place to sucker Porsche drivers into keeping up with my '66 El Camino......they pancake motors on the ground in a shower of sparks and stop...
i just grind some more off the big real steel frame:stickpoke

·
Registered
119 Posts
Speaking of socal and holloween, me, my little bro and my dad, (brutale, bmw k1200lt and honda ns50) masked up as pirates, put pirate flags on the bikes and blasted pirates of caribean on the LT and paraded around neighborhood! Fun night, turned lots of heads and had tons of laughs! Hahaha, ill put some pics up soon. After too much to drink we parked the boats in the harbor and called it a night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts