MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I am newcomer since I had bought Brutale 1090 RR 2010 one week ago.

My problem names front-left turn light that is integrated into the mirror (EU version of the mirror). It does not run properly. Problem is in the cable that leads to the LED turn light over the mirror tube or directly in the connection cable – LED turn light plate. While I am twisting, pushing or pulling with cable in the outlet of mirror tube (by handlebar) it sometimes run properly.

Is there any way how to dismantle rearview mirror to in order to replace the cable or to fix the turn light connector or loose junction? Is it possible to pull out the glass by hand like on USA model? Or using any screw?

Thanks for help

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Welcome aboard the MV Express.
The glass is held on with double sided tape. Good luck with separating it without breaking the glass.
Most replace the mirrors with aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Understand. That means to force open. Any advise how to process? Use some special tool? Insert screwdriver under the edge of the glass and push down against the body of mirror?

Hope that i will be first and last electric problem of this baby.

Thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ditch those things! Roll with bar ends and mount new signals on the headlight bracket! I did it and never looked back.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
one suggestion I have been told is to freeze spray the glass in the area of the tape to aid in release. The tape strips are arranged in a 5cm square in the middle.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I was thinking a heat gun to warm the mirror and maybe help release it or let it stretch some. Pretty sure any prying on the glass will lead to a break. Good luck, but aftermarket mirrors DO provide far better visibility. There's a good chance working on it will lead to your solution :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Did you manage to remove the glass ?

My RH mirror pod is loose on the stem , i'm sure it just needs tightening up but understand you have de-bond the glass to get to the fixing .

Not a great design !

·
Registered
14,676 Posts
Ditch those things! Roll with bar ends and mount new signals on the headlight bracket! I did it and never looked back.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
+1000 ......and used the original hole to mount the LED indicator too

·
Registered
14,676 Posts
?

markob, steve1968;
a large percentage of Brutale owners have gone to bar end mirrors and LED indicators
because you can SEE in the bar end mirrors

my Brutale, F4 and Aprilia RSVR have bar end mirrors, the R1150GS ones are stock.....and every time you get near them they need to be readjusted:jerkoff:

Jon;
I was joking obviously :drummer:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi Noel

Yes i know alot of people favour the bar ends but i really want to keep mine stock and not have the expense of new mirros and indicators .

Personally i don't have a problem with the stock mirrors.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The stock mirrors work great if you rest your chin on the tank. Even when adjusted I couldn't see anything above my forearm, and at the first bump they would flop down, where I got a great view of my wrists. They are hanging on my shed wall. CRG Arrow bar ends for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I have managed it in the end.
I had to tear off the glass using the knife. I was lucky - no damage appears on the glass. But simultaneously I have scratch the glass during cleaning procvedure so I have install new parabolic one from glazier. Everything else regarding dismantlement was about screws. The failure was in two! places.
Red wire was interrupted in the distance approx. 2 cm for turn light box. Maybe caused by loop of wires that is used for fixing of the wires inside the left mirror (prevention against extraction).
I have replaced old one for new cables but it does not run.
Second failure was directly on the circuit board inside the turn light bulb (LED plate). While I have used some force I have pulled out the red cable from the turn light body.
So I have to open the bulb by using scalpel and provide the correction directly on the connection pin of circuit board.
Terrible Italian electromechanical quality!
Now I can blink again.

·
Super Moderator
22,836 Posts
Nice work!

·
Super Moderator
22,836 Posts
(Pictures help us all....):smoking:

·
Registered
229 Posts
So I have managed it in the end.
I had to tear off the glass using the knife. I was lucky - no damage appears on the glass. But simultaneously I have scratch the glass during cleaning procvedure so I have install new parabolic one from glazier. Everything else regarding dismantlement was about screws. The failure was in two! places.
Red wire was interrupted in the distance approx. 2 cm for turn light box. Maybe caused by loop of wires that is used for fixing of the wires inside the left mirror (prevention against extraction).
I have replaced old one for new cables but it does not run.
Second failure was directly on the circuit board inside the turn light bulb (LED plate). While I have used some force I have pulled out the red cable from the turn light body.
So I have to open the bulb by using scalpel and provide the correction directly on the connection pin of circuit board.
Terrible Italian electromechanical quality!
Now I can blink again.

Do you mean you managed to get a knife behind the glass and break the bond ?

Did you use any heat on the glass ?

·
Registered
14,676 Posts
mirrors?

Hi Noel

Yes i know alot of people favour the bar ends but i really want to keep mine stock and not have the expense of new mirros and indicators .

Personally i don't have a problem with the stock mirrors.
i understand.....I'm used to the image size in the CRGs and I eliminated most of the things that stick out
stock indicators F/R.....LEDs front, Clear Alternatives rear
tail tidy? NO, a bent piece of stainless holds the plate an LED lights it
stock mufflers on the right and a lopsided foot peg mount?
nope.....F4 right peg mount and an Arrow Thunder
Biondi carbon screen mounts on the stock indicator mounts, the LED indicators mount on the Biondi mounts.....home made, not the stock POS with the slots:wtf::wtf::wtf:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You have to turn the glass to the side as far possible - for instance firstly to the right (the same move as you adjust the view). Use as much force as acceptable. The glass is comming out a little bit from the body on this side . You can take sharp narrow knife and insert the the knife between the back of glass and plastic bottom which ensures fixing of the glass and glass movement / adjustment and you can saw the strips. The glass accepted small sag and did not crack. Then you have to move the glass on opposite side all way (i.e. to the left) and proceed the same procedure.
The are 4 self-adhesive both-sides strips (two on left side and two on right side of the back of glass). The glass is also glued in 2 points with small amount of silicone.
I do not use the heat. No reason while standard strips are used. (in Europe for instance 3M producer)
Bottom of the glass has similar dimensions as glass (little smaller). You have to unscrew bottom - there is one screw with spring and washer. Only this screw is responsible for freeplay of the glass into the mirror. You have use more force for disassembly of the washer. Now you are inside. Producer uses the 6 screws and silicone for fixing of the turn LED light box into the mirror body.
I hope this help you gyus..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts