MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Sorry but... sometimes things happen and the toys must go. It's not a slight against anyone person or group or attempt to hose another out of their hard earned money. Our bikes are going up for sale. We're not as young as we once were and health issues mean we don't ride unless we're feeling 100% and the weather is perfect. We don't HAVE to ride to prove to anyone we're are both enthusiasts. We ride because we like/want to. However, we're putting fewer and fewer kilometers on our bikes each year because the pains now out way the gains. Plus, the cost of maintenance and insurance is insane.
As to wives being blamed there's a simple fix. Either marry one that rides or teach the one you marry to ride. I did the later and she's enjoyed every minute she's spent in the saddle.
First two images are from 2015 (and are the bikes we'll be selling). Third is from our first trip to Dahlonega Ga. 1999. The last was taken in Dicomano Italy in 2005.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thing that pisses me off is when the wife says you need to sell a bike or an item.
Arent we entitled to have fun? A hobby? A passion? What is that BS....

And if you dont, she's gonna be mad and deny sex for a week to "teach" you a lesson.
*Great way to ruin a marriage over something so silly.

Watched a couple episodes of Pawn Stars, so many times some retard walks in like: I wanna sell this bequase my wife doesnt want me to have it anymore.
I gonna sell it bequase the wife said so.
Like wtf.. stand your friking ground. Pathetic.

Makes my blood boil.

Or when a woman learns to know a guy with a motorcycle.
Dude is riding for years, but when the woman shits out a kid its suddenly a big issue to keep riding.
YOU WANT YOU SON/DAUGHTER TO GROW UP WITHOUT A FATHER!!!

Or am I off topic now...
These are all facts! Been denied a couple of times now for this kind of reasoning.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
oh fk dont get me started on this one at all
this is a fiery topic on so many levels.
i would have to write a novel on this to explain how this impacts on me
Excellent response, Rob.:smile2:

I, for one, would all like to hear your gripes.

A separate thread perhaps, and you can post weekly instalments?:grin2:

On the positive side, good to see that you've since 'overcompensated'!!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
bwahahah thanks nigel, but yeh i wont bore the crowd with the dramas of divorce and having to sell bikes etc.

but i will say with the current partner i have if she asked me to sell a bike i would equally respond with sell a handbag. My partner has a hermes bag which is the size of a match box and was close to 10k. So bring it girl i say
fk that lol

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
. . . My partner has a hermes bag which is the size of a match box and was close to 10k. . .
Very interesting parallel.

Of course we would say: 'What are you getting for your 10 grand?'

But a woman can, by whatever off-tangent means, justify such prices. Perhaps it's merely bragging rights, but my take is that she will have as much (or more?) pride in her 2-foot square of tanned hide as we have in our hunks of metal and rubber. All relevant some would say.

As a little antidote, I once made one of my usual wise cracks to a former wife (can't remember which one now :smile2: ) who returned from a lingerie party with a super-expensive bra. I blurted out: 'That's $90.00 per breast; they're not worth that much.'

Perhaps explains why I'm now single.:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
22,501 Posts
My third is self-sustaining....and she buys ME bikes...and cars....and tractors....

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
My wife loved motorcycles and rode for many years and thousands of miles until her death. This was her baby and she used to love to make beautiful music with it in the mountains of West Virginia and Virginia. Fortunately I still have it and Bill Gates can't buy it.
A post I can relate to. Sadly.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
My wife loved motorcycles and rode for many years and thousands of miles until her death. This was her baby and she used to love to make beautiful music with it in the mountains of West Virginia and Virginia. Fortunately I still have it and Bill Gates can't buy it.
this is very cool. Great story. Much respect to u for keeping the bike in her memory. Im sure that would make her smile

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
My Wife kicks me out of the house on weekends to make me go for a ride.
And to have 2 bikes, so when one is in the workshop you can still ride the other.:grin2:

21 - 40 of 57 Posts