MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, hopefully someone might be able to help with cause lying behind front stock mirror blinkers dimming, they are on a 2016 Brutale 1090rr with only 4K on clock. It looks like both the stock mirror blinkers and the stock rear blinkers are led, if I connect rear blinkers to front blinker wiring the rears work, but the front mirror blinkers won’t work when connected to either front or back wiring, so kind of suggests mirror blinkers are dead or there is a damaged resistor somewhere.
Thinking of buying some aftermarket led for front as solution, but would be good to know what’s going on with these mirror blinkers first, especially if it’s an easy fix.
I’m new here so hopefully have this down in right section.
Cheers in advance 😊👍

·
Administrator
20,370 Posts
Welcome to the family !!! Where in OZ are you located?
Not sure what blinkers are on the 2016 (LED or incandescent) but someone will chime in I'm sure. Regardless, you seem to have proven the front blinkers are dead.

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
LED

The flasher is a single unit that sits behind the instrument panel and controls front and rear.

Dimming suggests buggered LEDS inside the units...both of them failing is weird.

Reactions: Seanis

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the family !!! Where in OZ are you located?
Not sure what blinkers are on the 2016 (LED or incandescent) but someone will chime in I'm sure. Regardless, you seem to have proven the front blinkers are dead.
Hey Esq’s, thx for welcome 😊 I’m located in Northern NSW close to Byron Bay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LED

The flasher is a single unit that sits behind the instrument panel and controls front and rear.

Dimming suggests buggered LEDS inside the units...both of them failing is weird.
Hey Cruiser, thx for response. It is weird, a surge should of been stopped by fuse it’s got me stumped 🥴

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Hey Cruiser, thx for response. It is weird, a surge should of been stopped by fuse it’s got me stumped 🥴
Yup, there is a lighting fuse under your rear tail.

Reactions: Seanis

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
pillion seat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ll have a look for posts on choosing led indicators for the Brutale

·
Super Moderator
22,631 Posts
Are there any modifications to this bike? Did the problem have a sudden onset?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Silentservice, I modified the tail blinker and number plate bracket into a tail tidy, reusing all existing electrical wiring and lights. The number plate light bulb was blown also, I think it happened during reassembly when testing rear blinkers before securing fuse box bracket, but that bracket looked isolated from electrics.

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Now that we know you've done some mods, sounds like you have short in the circuit - did you lift the fuse box and re-seat it ? (the mod was a good idea btw).

Did you shorten the original indicator wiring cables?

I don't think this is an LED issue, this feels more like a crimped wiring problem.

·
Super Moderator
22,631 Posts
I am thinking along the lines of Tim above. There is an old mechanic’s mantra that goes along the thought that whatever the last mod might have been is directly related to the new problem.
As you have stated that the bike is a 2016, I believe that puts it into the CANBUS ECU controlled intermittency (turn signal) realm.
I don’t have that particular manual, but CANBUS bikes are very voltage sensitive.
Retrace the mid and look for a short or a bad ground.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now that we know you've done some mods, sounds like you have short in the circuit - did you lift the fuse box and re-seat it ? (the mod was a good idea btw).

Did you shorten the original indicator wiring cables?

I don't think this is an LED issue, this feels more like a crimped wiring problem.
There was excess wiring for rear blinkers, which was not cut only looped up and zip tied. I’m thinking it’s burnt out somewhere in front mirror blinkers, but not sure so I’ll retrace. The mirror blinkers look like the are designed not to be opened, would really like to take a look inside one of them. Also currently thinking on where to install new front blinkers if this can’t be resolved, headlight bracket, top of side fairing or folk type

·
Vendor
5,408 Posts
You may just have a bad earth on one of those indicators.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts