MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opertunity to get a new 2006 MV F4 1000 that is an EU bike...

My inquire is: what differences are there if any between a MV F4 1000 imported for the USA vs an EU spec bike???...

Any replys are welcomed....

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
probably not much. but you should check the vin. somewhere in the back of my head i remember something about the vin's in europe are not the same as the USA.

USA needs a 17 number/letter vin. if the vehicle vin is different, it can create LOTS of headaches when you try to register it.

i'd suggest you check on that. other than that, the us bike and euro bike are probably the same.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been told that the EU MVs have a 17 digit VIN, and can be plated/titled but only come with an MSO....so depending on the state, a person may or may not be able to register the bike...

Good for me is that I live in Colorado, and with onlt a little work you can plate nearly anything (the last 2 bikes I made street legal here were a 2002 Vertemati 500 C moto cross bike and a 2003 VOR SMR full race supermoto/motard bike...) In my state, if you know the ropes, you can plate anything you can ride..... :)

Unfortunately there are few states that are so open to this....some states are very limited in what you can get registered/titled/plated...

thanks for your replys

Im guessing without knowing that the EU MV will have an EU headlight, maybe less emissions crap, and maybe less restricted....

:smoking:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Mine has a 17 digit VIN, see my registry entry. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts