MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a F3 675. Had my heart set on it for 3 yrs now. Especially since I lived in Varese (Castronno to be exact) while this bike was being designed.

Are their any differences between the 2013s or 2014s?

Will there be anything worth waiting for on the 2015s?

Are the issues worked out on the 675s? If not, what should I expect?

Recommended dealers in California or Georgia?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
All the past issues on the F3 675 have been worked out and the bike is brilliant!
The only significant change on the 2014 vs. the 2013 is that the 2014 received a slipper clutch.
the 2013s were only available without ABS, in 2014 you could have it with or without ABS and I believe for 2015 you can only get ABS versions. So if you are like me and do not like ABS at all, you better get one quick.

Other than that, the 2015 models have not yet been officially released, but I am not aware of any other changes on the 2015 models.

Hands down, the best MV Agusta dealer in California, and in the entire US for that matter, is Moto Forza in Escondido. www.moto-forza.com :smoking::stickpoke:naughty:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
You can easily update a 2012/2013 f3 to 2014 spec. I installed the slipper clutch and Rivale (latest throttle) myself to my 2012.

The other misc issues have been resolved and at least there is information here and at your dealer on how to solve the issues. Not to say you wont have the odd issue, but at least there are documented resolutions. The guys with the 2012s had to wait months/years riding bikes with slight glitches before the factory sorted them (the gear position indicator comes to mind). Worth it though, no regrets on my 2012.

Random fact: the first batch of F3s have slightly different engine casings to the 2013 and beyond. More meat on the web on the RHS cylinder on the 2013 and 14 motors. Not sure if they changed supplier or why they did that. If anyone know I would like to know.

·
Registered
947 Posts
All the past issues on the F3 675 have been worked out and the bike is brilliant!
The only significant change on the 2014 vs. the 2013 is that the 2014 received a slipper clutch.
the 2013s were only available without ABS, in 2014 you could have it with or without ABS and I believe for 2015 you can only get ABS versions. So if you are like me and do not like ABS at all, you better get one quick.

Other than that, the 2015 models have not yet been officially released, but I am not aware of any other changes on the 2015 models.

Hands down, the best MV Agusta dealer in California, and in the entire US for that matter, is Moto Forza in Escondido. www.moto-forza.com :smoking::stickpoke:naughty:
So no new changes for the F3 675 except ABS only now. How about any new F3 models? Maybe an F3 675 R or RR or RC?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Sorry to be the lone dissenting voice here but, new B3 Brutale, Dragster and Rivale owners seem to be having F3 ish type issues. :jsm:
How is this possible if the factory has corrected all known issues? :wtf:

As far as Georgia MV dealers go I highly recommend European Motorsports, Riders Hill, Dahlonega Georgia. :yo:

http://www.europeanmotorsportsinc.com/
http://www.ridershill.com/

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank u for all the responses.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The other misc issues have been resolved and at least there is information here and at your dealer on how to solve the issues.

What remaining issues are there?

Not that I'm deterred. I'm getting this bike no matter what.

But what lingering issues can I expect?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Hands down, the best MV Agusta dealer in California, and in the entire US for that matter, is Moto Forza in Escondido. www.moto-forza.com
I probably shouldn't list the dealer but the one I was going to buy from told me, in short, that the 675 was still crap and the 800 was created in order to sort out the issues.

Also told me the 675 wasn't being imported to the US anymore.

Also told me the f3 was always supposed to be a 800cc motor and that as soon as they can , they will drop the 675.

At that point I'd had enuff of the BS and knew I needed a second opinion.

But he didn't stop there...he then told me the owner of his shop has a 675 and "he hates it" and can't get it to run right. Says a lot about their inhouse techs I guess.

All the other dealerships I've called said they'd gladly order me a 675cc. Now I just gotta find the one offering the best deal.

What is a fair price to expect to pay? The MSRPs I'm told are all over the map.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I probably shouldn't list the dealer but the one I was going to buy from told me, in short, that the 675 was still crap and the 800 was created in order to sort out the issues.

Also told me the f3 was always supposed to be a 800cc motor and that as soon as they can , they will drop the 675.

But he didn't stop there...he then told me the owner of his shop has a 675 and "he hates it" and can't get it to run right. Says a lot about their inhouse techs I guess.

All the other dealerships I've called said they'd gladly order me a 675cc. Now I just gotta find the one offering the best deal.

Yeah, best you ring Balz at MotoForza.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

Ya, sounds like that salesman was talking out his stink hole! :loser:
True, the triple cylinder engine was designed as an 800 then de-stroked to 675 in order to fit the middle weight category. But more importantly was that it met supersport race regs. It was to be MV’s re introduction onto the world racing stage and it’s been very successful in that role. :yo:
With MV’s penchant for limited edition models most of us are expecting a race tribute R or RR version of the F3 675 sooner rather than later.
If the techs at that shop can’t get their boss’s 675 F3 running then they are not talking to the right person at MV America. If they do not know who that is then that speaks volumes about that dealer.
The only reason that MSRP should change would be due to options like, with or without EAS or ABS. But it’s my understanding that all the 2015’s will come with both. At least here north of the border they will.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have one of the very first F3 675 in the country. Now that the mapping is fixed. The bike performs flawlessly. The other day at the track one of the instructors started to argue with me not to lie to him and admit that I was on the 800 because my bike was pulling his GSXR750 on the straights.

Moto Forza has a white non-ABS and a red/silver ABS version in stock. There are also some rebates on 2014s currently. Call Moto Forza tomorrow - closed Mondays.
I sure would like to know what shop you talked to and why the would talk such crap about the bike.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have one of the very first F3 675 in the country. Now that the mapping is fixed. The bike performs flawlessly. The other day at the track one of the instructors started to argue with me not to lie to him and admit that I was on the 800 because my bike was pulling his GSXR750 on the straights.

Moto Forza has a white non-ABS and a red/silver ABS version in stock. There are also some rebates on 2014s currently. Call Moto Forza tomorrow - closed Mondays.
I sure would like to know what shop you talked to and why the would talk such crap about the bike.
He was just a dumb salesman who was pulling hard to make a sale.

I've been in their shop numerous times and had great experiences with them. They also have a good rep from everything I've read online. So I dunno if it's fair for me to out the dealership because of what could have been some rookie salesman. For all I know the story about the owner could've been a outright lie on his part. He was saying just about anything to steer me towards a 800.

But I definitely won't be calling them back. I'll be calling MotoForza first thing tomorrow.

I simply am more of a fan of smaller displacement bikes. I used to ride a 250cc. I really would like a KTM 390. So for me, a 800 just isn't what I'm looking for. I want the personality that comes from a bike that was bred for the track, and that revs the way the 675 does. I don't mind that the bike is quirky, I lived in Italy and loved it there, so to me, those Italian quirks are a nostalgic thing.

A white 675 is exactly what I'm looking for. Had my heart set on one since 2012 when a white one passed me at full throat on the windy roads outside Mugello. What a sight & sound!

As for price, the reason I say the MSRPs are all over the map is because some (all EAS models) are listed at $14k and others as high as $16k on websites. I thought this bike was supposed to be at around $13k before tax/prep/etc.

Maybe I'm thinking of the non EAS model? What does the EAS stand for anyways?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I really appreciate you not throwing a dealership under the bus just because of the experience with one person!
I was just more surprised, because from what I know all California MV dealers are pretty decent.

EAS stands for Electronic Assist Shift, i.e. electronic quick shifter. All F3 come with it.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
MSRP for the 2013 F3 675 was $13,998, for 2014 with the addition of the slipper and optional ABS the MSRP went up. Cant remember what it is off the top of my head.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MSRP for the 2013 F3 675 was $13,998, for 2014 with the addition of the slipper and optional ABS the MSRP went up. Cant remember what it is off the top of my head.
Ahh I see. The slipper and EAS account for the increase.

It seems there are some good incentives being offered right now ($1200 cash back) that would help out a ton.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts