MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the mechnical differences between the Tamburin and the F41000R? Is it just the variable length intake?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Allan,

Fuel injection/variable intake...mapping and rear shock on Tam are big mechanical differences.

Owning Tam and recently riding F4R ~500 miles all I can say is that F4R is an incredible machine, and a GREAT ride, nearly indistinguishable from Tam. Both nasty and by the balls at the higher ends of instrument gauges :later: .

Peter

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reopropf said:
Allan,

Fuel injection/variable intake...mapping and rear shock on Tam are big mechanical differences.

Owning Tam and recently riding F4R ~500 miles all I can say is that F4R is an incredible machine, and a GREAT ride, nearly indistinguishable from Tam. Both nasty and by the balls at the higher ends of instrument gauges :later: .

Peter
The Tamburini is using an Ohlin's rear shock, right?

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
not ohlins rear, Sachs racing rear, like on the Senna1000.

also:

I think the forks are different

different brakes.

all MV SP mag. parts.

all MV SP CF fairing.

wheels, Marchesini alum(not mag... I am pretty sure)

I believe the screen is different too, the Tambo has a nicer screen(REO please correct me if I am wrong).

Alcantara seat.

RG3.

rearset and other metal parts with "ti paint finish"

This is what I am aware of, please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yeah, the Tambo gets alum Marchesinis, the R the new Brembos. The new Brembos are probably lighter but those Sinis are uber sexy.

The rear shock on the Tambo is a Sachs.

The R gets radial front Brembos. Certainly more bling than the Nissins on the Tambo, arguable if they're better.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
What are the mechnical differences between the Tamburin and the F41000R? Is it just the variable length intake?
The "R" has the "new" head with different valve angles and spacing, I suspect the head has the valves further apart to suit the 1000's larger cylinder bores, the 1000's before this used the 750 head.
They have also moved the cylinder bores back by 1.5mm, this is something to do with the fact that engines never have the crank/rod/piston capable of being in a perfectly vertical line, they usually offset the wrist pin, maybe MV are now using a piston with the wrist pin in the middle, so now they need to offset the bores.
The motors ecu is also up to date now, they have stopped using the old magnetti one that dates from the early 90's and was not capable of running sequential fuelling.

We have to remember here the "R" is now the base bike, brought out in black only untill MV have sold all the red/silver "S" bikes, the way they are discounting "S" models over here you would think the "R" is a totally new model and not just an update.

·
Registered
19 Posts
luvtolean said:
Yeah, the Tambo gets alum Marchesinis, the R the new Brembos. The new Brembos are probably lighter but those Sinis are uber sexy.

The rear shock on the Tambo is a Sachs.

The R gets radial front Brembos. Certainly more bling than the Nissins on the Tambo, arguable if they're better.
Really?...the Tambo's are machined Nissins. very nice looking. I tried a Ducati with Brembo's and a MV with the nissin's i like the Mv's better. not so grabby and they stop just as well as brembos. I think they have a better feel also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts