MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today in my mailbox I found a metallic silver, perfectly square envelope (6.5" or so) with the MV Agusta Motorcycle Art logo in white in the top left corner. It was postmarked with an MV Agusta Motor SpA stamp, that reads Varese, Italia with their address in red. Very cool, my first mail from Italy!

Did everyone get one?

Inside of the envelope was a card, all black on one side, same metallic silver on the other. In the top left it says F4 in red and the "CC" logo in black/white that looks like an X, with Claudio Castiglioni's name right under it in white. The card reads:

"I always longed to create a motorcycle for myself only.
It had to be a race-bike, hand-made as a race-bike must be:
light, fast, powerful.

I made it.

Then I realized that I wanted to share this opportunitywith other enthusiasts like me,
and give them the chance to own a motorcycle that is unique and irreplaceable.
And so I did.

I am building one for myself, and 99 for my friends.
Feel free to call me and I will tell you more."​

Claudio's stamped signature is in the lower right, along with a phone number that is labeled "unlisted".

"Wassup Claudio??? Ya, its Griff...What's da haps, bro-hammy???" :smoking:

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yes, I got an invitation to purchase the 1000CC ,as many will. Responded with a blank check :crazyeyes .

I have nothing better to do with > $100K; enough already Claudio! :bash:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Reopropf said:
Yes, I got an invitation to purchase the 1000CC ,as many will. Responded with a blank check :crazyeyes .

I have nothing better to do with > $100K; enough already Claudio! :bash:
:stickpoke Well somone throw up a picture of this invite. :naughty:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
light, fast, powerful.

I made it.

Then I realized that I wanted to share this opportunitywith other enthusiasts like me,
And so I did.

Let me translate this for you into language we can all understand: :naughty:

"This is probably one of the last limited editions I am going to get away with on the current F4, so I had better have everybodies pants right down this time"--end of translation

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
twoeleven said:
Today in my mailbox I found a metallic silver, perfectly square envelope (6.5" or so) with the MV Agusta Motorcycle Art logo in white in the top left corner. It was postmarked with an MV Agusta Motor SpA stamp, that reads Varese, Italia with their address in red. Very cool, my first mail from Italy!

Did everyone get one?

Inside of the envelope was a card, all black on one side, same metallic silver on the other. In the top left it says F4 in red and the "CC" logo in black/white that looks like an X, with Claudio Castiglioni's name right under it in white. The card reads:

light, fast, powerful.

I made it.

And so I did.

I am building one for myself, and 99 for my friends.
Feel free to call me and I will tell you more."​

Claudio's stamped signature is in the lower right, along with a phone number that is labeled "unlisted".

"Wassup Claudio??? Ya, its Griff...What's da haps, bro-hammy???" :smoking:

Griff
twoeleven
Yes,the letters are only for TAMBURINI's proprietors...
I think....
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I've got $50 for whoever posts audio of an authentic "Jerky Boys" style call to Mr. C.

"What's up with this junk mail ya f**kin wacky ass? I'll come down there and make you eat your f**kin shoe!"

Ok, maybe not.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, I called Italy this morning, at the "Unlisted" number on my invitation. A woman who spoke nearly perfect English (after switching from Italian), politely thanked me for calling, and took my phone number and told me that Giovanni Castiglioni (Claudio's son), would be calling me later, after completion of a meeting, to give me some additional information and answer any of my questions regarding the "FCC" as she referred to it...

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
acruhl said:
I've got $50 for whoever posts audio of an authentic "Jerky Boys" style call to Mr. C.

"What's up with this junk mail ya f**kin wacky ass? I'll come down there and make you eat your f**kin shoe!"

Ok, maybe not.
:popcorn: :laughing:

·
Registered
645 Posts
What......the rest of us "non tamburini" owners arent good enough to own one of these? :mad:

Guess Im stuck with my POS 910 Gladio, which isnt even an R and I should take my B750 and ride it into the ocean to help with the reef restoration project, cause thats all a 750 is good for!

Oops, I forgot to take my high blood pressure meds today, can anyone tell?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
spalding12 said:
yes
i can tell
quite honestly.... i don't give a darn
i'm certainly not going to buy any 100K bike in my lifetime....
even if i WERE in the mood to spend 100K on a bike (and that isn't REMOTELY POSSIBLE, of course) i'd rather buy MULTIPLE BIKES for that "investment"
OK......took my toprol......all better now :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds like stories Ive heard about dealing with ferrari. IE "you cannot buy this model until you have purchased XYZ model and only then if we deem you worthy."

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I just got off of the phone with Giovanni Castiglioni. His secretary returned my call, as promised (after verifying my home address and name as a recipient of the invitation), asked me if "now" was a good time, and she put me through to his cell phone.

He introduced himself and thanked me for the call, and asked that I wait for a moment while he stopped the car. He asked me what my interest was in the bike, and what questions I had about the machine. We spoke for about ten minutes I would say, and I will tell you that he is very well spoken, and a true gentleman, didn't seem to be in any hurry to get rid of me.

As tempted as I was, Acruhl, I just couldn't "Jerky Boy" him...Even though that $50.00 was tempting me for a second...

He assured me that the technical specifications would be on their way to my email early next week, with drawings and official photos shortly thereafter, so I asked him to speak more in general about the differences between the F4CC and the Tamburini. Here is a summation of our conversation:

-"It is a Superbike for the road" is how he began ( I thought I owned one of those already???)
-There are 99 left to be spoken for, Claudio's is already earmarked, of course.
-All will be produced, by hand, in Italy during December 2006 and January 2007
-The engine is based on their "Superbike R and D"
-The engine is approximately 80% different than the Tamburini's, still F4 based, diff. pistons, rod, crank, "and more"...
-There is no TSS system on the engine
-There is even more extensive use of Titanium, Magnesium, and Carbon Fiber
-It is lighter than the Tamburini
-The engine produces slightly more than 200hp at the crank
-Top speed is electronically limited to 200mph
-Official launch is at the Milan show
-Cost is set at $100,000 Euro, apprx. $125,000 USD
-But, you get a FREE $15,000 Euro watch, 1 of 100, Swiss made, about $19,000 USD, sold only to the original purchaser of the bike (Pier...?)
-He said that the equipment used in forks, shock, wheels, brakes, etc. would all be in the forthcoming technical specs, all top of the heap stuff
-He said I could call back at any time with any additional questions...

Say what you want about selling $125K bikes, and this method of marketing them. Personally, I think MV Agusta is a first class operation, and I am grateful I had this unique opportunity. Motorcycle Art.

I hope you enjoyed this story...More to follow.

Who is going to step up???

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sure will be a nice bike.

My guess is MV saw what Ducati was doing and wants to one up them not only in machine, but in price !

Hey, if they can sell them I say DO IT !

1 - 20 of 125 Posts