MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
No...he did not.

He does a lot of illustration for magazines, predicting the future. In this case of his MV sketch...is was done to give an impression of what the F5-1000 would look like.
Most designers who resort to doing magazine doodles can't get a real job in the industry.. :laughing:
Just Kidding...Glenn Kerr is also head of the Motorcycle Designers Association {I think}, and was a consultant for PT on the 999. :barfalot:

I don't hold him in high regard as a straight out Designer, but he's done a lot to promote motorcycle design...

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Steptoe said:
Maybe Holden got him to "design" the XB GT bonnet vents on the last Monaro :stickpoke :moon:
Hehe..I was askin' for that :laughing:

Hey Velocemoto, did you have anything to do with that?
I was Lead exterior designer on the original concept Monaro under the guidence of Mike Simcoe...we actually did a lot of after-hours and weekends for nothing on that showcar way back when {'98 I think}...........when the decision was made to go into production, I was involved in that execution as well.
Good exciting times at Holden Design back then.

The hood scoops you refer too on the latest model were driven by the US's desire to make the car more aggresive and "GTO" like. By this time I had moved onto other projects....
Lots of people love them...I personally can do without them as I feel they take away from the purity and simplicity of the original design. {but of course I'm gonna say that :rolleyes: }

I must admit, I enjoy how this MV forum and their owners are so into "Design" and are very well informed and educated..it's nice for me to be able to chat about something I'm very passionate about....

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Velocemoto said:
I must admit, I enjoy how this MV forum and their owners are so into "Design" and are very well informed and educated..it's nice for me to be able to chat about something I'm very passionate about....
I agree! I believe many of us are passionate for purity of design. You should post some more of your work, they really are great pieces!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts