MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
F3 675 2012
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I went on track, 5 20/25minute sessions. On the last session, just before the pitlane, I lost power. Felt like it was on 2 cilinders. Made some bad noises.

I knew about the issue of valve dropping with these bikes. It sounded like it... I went in the pitlane and when I came to a stop, the engine stalled. I didn't try to start it since.

I took the bike apart as far as I am comfortable with. I took the sparkplugs out, they don't seem odd to me. Also underneath the airbox I don't see any metal bits.

Now I am not sure what happened. Could it be something else, or should I check further. If so, what do I do?

I replaced my cooling fluid last year and it is on min right now. Could that be a problem? It was a hot day and track riding is pretty brutal for the machine..

I attached some photos. Thanks for the help in advance.
Automotive air manifold Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Hood

Hand Fluid Gesture Finger Thumb

Gesture Finger Thumb Nail Gas

Land vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car Steering wheel

Light Motor vehicle Steering wheel Car Automotive wheel system

Hand Finger Gesture Thimble Thumb

·
Registered
F3 675 2012
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just drained the cooling system. What I don't understand, is that the coolant recovery basin didn't empty. When I unscrewed the radiator cap, it started emptying. But it was leaking at the cap itself (now everything is covered in coolant, yay).

Anyway. It is empty now, but is this normal?!

·
Old Wing Nut
24,571 Posts
Remove the cylinder head. Inspect for any other damage (piston likely, hopefully bore is OK. Rod maybe?).
And then contact @sleiper1 about having the head repaired...start shopping for parts.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just drained the cooling system. What I don't understand, is that the coolant recovery basin didn't empty. When I unscrewed the radiator cap, it started emptying. But it was leaking at the cap itself (now everything is covered in coolant, yay).

Anyway. It is empty now, but is this normal?!
Yes, that is normal. The small hose of the coolant tank is connected to 'the neck' of the radiator.
When cooling down coolant will go through the small valve in the middle of the cap back to the radiator

·
Registered
99 Posts
View attachment 495367

Well, that took longer than I hoped.. I found this above the right exhaust header.. guess I'm fkd... Any suggestions what to do?
Exhaust valves dropping is less common than inlets but result is the same ... unfortunately.
Look for another engine or the Sleiper route

If you stopped the bike quickly after 'the dropping' the cilinder damage might be minimal

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just finished repairing my F3 800 after dropped valve. I would remove the head this can be done with engine in the frame. Let you have a good look and assess what is damaged. A picture from my adventure
Tire Bicycle tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel

·
Registered
F3 675 2012
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
White Automotive tire Automotive engine gasket Gas Auto part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Crankset Automotive design Rim

Grey Asphalt Road surface Wood Nickel

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Auto part Plant

Took some time since my last post. So I did drop a valve. Motorcycle is at a workshop right now. Damage seems to be controllable but will still be expensive. Atleast it is not totally dead.

Now the price of the valves is what freaked me out. 190 euros for the inlet, 170 euros for the outlet. Per piece! Is this normal?

·
Old Wing Nut
24,571 Posts
Contact @sleiper1 !!! Your best bet for proper repairs at a fair price,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts