MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK picked up a damaged 2004 Brutale ( has a good frame to replace our bad one ) BUT,,neck says F4 fork brace says F4, F4 on back of motor near reservoir. VIN is ZCGAJFLJX4V********* The handlebar clamp says Brutale,,was also told motor is a 1000 so did i get a aBrutale or an F4 ???

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
The official name of the early brutale is F4 Brutale, hence the F4 logos all over it.
What they told You about the motor is up for speculation unless You have an engine number, I guess.
Not that I could do anything with it, but others on the forum can enlighten You.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
A 2004 Brutale will have been a 750 engine, yes lots of F4 logos and parts maked such as lower triple clamp fork legs brake calipers etc, if it is a 1000cc motor that indicates someone has replaced the original lump, so it sounds like you have a bitza, not that there is a lot wrong with that.

jimboF4

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
You need to show us some pics to confirm please. Why do you think you need an ECU?
The 750 and early 1000's ice the same ECU, just the EPROM chip inside varies. If you have issues with I, start a thread in the Maintenance section, that's probably where you'd find the most info.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You need to show us some pics to confirm please. Why do you think you need an ECU?
The 750 and early 1000's ice the same ECU, just the EPROM chip inside varies. If you have issues with I, start a thread in the Maintenance section, that's probably where you'd find the most info.

Cool thanks for the info,,and cause the big box was not there so figured I need it to run, was also told I need the guage cluster ?

Got everything ready to drop motor,, Black bike is donor for the red one

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,871 Posts
The ECU on the pre- Euro3 Brutales is mounted on the air cleaner box under the tank. Looks like the plug for it in one of your pics. Look on eBay etc for a Marelli 1.6M ECU...Ducati or otherwise, should work if you get the right eProm chip to install in it.
Not sure what engine you have, but Brutale engine cases are also stamped F4

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actual took a second look and found out that I could just remove the front cradle and forks and leave the rest of the bike complete :D. much easier than I thought. So since this seems to share F4 parts. what makes the frame so different ?

Attachments

·
Registered
14,225 Posts
750 or 1000?

Cheyenne;
do it the easy way, just look at the injectors 750s have red stripes, 1000s white stripes

either way you will need a Marelli 1.6M ECU, a Ducati one will be cheaper as Ed said

then you will need a Chip.....when you decide on the pipes/air filter and know the motor size

get back to us...... and then contact Adam (merc07)

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37545&page=25

by way of the collective lunacy of the Forum we'll get you going......:naughty::naughty::naughty:

·
Registered
14,225 Posts
?

frame?

F4s have a steering damper mount on the top frame tube that Brutales don't and they're 3 sub frames at the rear

Brutales have 1
F4s have Monoposto and 1+1

:drummer:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
actual took a second look and found out that I could just remove the front cradle and forks and leave the rest of the bike complete :D. much easier than I thought. So since this seems to share F4 parts. what makes the frame so different ?

That would make a cool display in the house.:yo:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheyenne;
do it the easy way, just look at the injectors 750s have red stripes, 1000s white stripes

by way of the collective lunacy of the Forum we'll get you going......:naughty::naughty::naughty:

If these are the stripes to which you refer , looks like 750,,thanks

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts