Registered
6,448 Posts
I agree, interesting, but not worth the sum of it's parts IMO. :hand:

·
Registered
398 Posts
john said:
I agree, interesting, but not worth the sum of it's parts IMO. :hand:

May not be worth it but he sure has done a nice job with the parts he chose for the bike. Looks pretty nice :)

He needs to keep it and join the board :stickpoke

·
Registered
796 Posts
it looks nice.it has a very clean look to it with that combination of magnesium and carbon fiber.he is not asking a lot actually..the thing is that you should wait a while because he s not likely to sell it in the us very time soon.and then..when he s really becoming desperate make him a better offer..i think 25000 $ is a fair price for this bike..after all a 06 f1000 s is only 4 grand cheaper at pro italia.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
25k for an 02. I was thinking it would be worth more like 18k. After all an SPR or Senna can be had for about 16,5 so 18-20k should be about right. Either way he is probably not going to get what he wants. Too bad it is very nicely done.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Outkasted said:
25k for an 02. I was thinking it would be worth more like 18k. After all an SPR or Senna can be had for about 16,5 so 18-20k should be about right. Either way he is probably not going to get what he wants. Too bad it is very nicely done.
I would have to agree 18000.00 is about right if even that. Don't get me wrong this is a cool bike but it will be his loss, he would be better off to keep it and put it in his front room and enjoy it's beauty. These are the kind of bikes(used, loaded up & well done) to look for, the after market/factory parts for a lot less $ than what has been put into them even if he could get his 30,000.00 he has lost 14,000.00. When it comes down to comparing parts this bike is more loaded up with great stuff than a Tamberini but it wasn't set up at the factory so the value doesn't seem to be there when it is on the used market. In a sense this bike is probably not worth anymore than a same mileage stock '02 F4. Regards, Vern

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well no need to make me an offer. I do not have to sell it! For all I care this thing can continue to sit in my garage collecting dust. I do not care what an SPR or a Senna cost. This bike is one of a kind. It weighs next to nothing compared to a Senna, an SPR or even a Tamburini bike. Shed as much weight as it has been shed here and you truly find out what your bike can do. Now if I do not sell it. I will simply go out and buy a 1000R as previously mentioned and I will create the lightest, fastest bike this side of a Veltro.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is a crazy world!

People that do not know much about motorcycles, set up a shop and build choppers on TV and yet those things go for crazy amount of money. You on the other hand being a true enthusiast and being a knowledgeable motorcycle enthusiast who understands the heritage of a motorcycle builds a motorcycle using parts that you know fit the bike simply because who the designer is and it is worth nothing.

Well if I really want to get the money out of it I could just part it out and sell all of the bits on ebay, I would most certainly get more than $30K for all the parts if I sold them individually, but that is not the point. This bike was built out of love for this particular brand.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Everyone is right!

Everyone is right, there is only 1 insurance company that will insure this bike for its full value. Progressive insurance.

·
Registered
338 Posts
fdeandrade said:
Well if I really want to get the money out of it I could just part it out and sell all of the bits on ebay, I would most certainly get more than $30K for all the parts if I sold them individually, but that is not the point. This bike was built out of love for this particular brand.
Unfortunately used parts even as spectacular as these typically only bring .25-.50 on the dollar.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
allias86 said:
fdeandrade how much does the bike weigh ?
Probably not as light as you may imagine, where as the MVSP carbon weighs between 1/3rd and 1/2 of the std plastic stuff, the std plastic stuff is pretty damm light anyway, a bare plastic seat unit is only about 350 gramms anyway, and a MVSP carbon one about 150 gramms, so each bit of carbon only saves about 1/5th of a kg or about 200-300gramms, so a full fairing set inc seat probably knocks at the most 2 to 3kg's off the bikes weight :jsm: bigger savings are with the fuel tank and wheels

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I either saw this bike at Laguna Seca one year, or saw a picture of it there...

I don't know, Ducatis that are decked out like this sell all the time and they are nowhere near $30k.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
fdeandrade,
I would just keep it if I were you, especially since it sounds like money is not an issue. Seems like nobody appreciates what it is, including members of this forum, and everyone wants the ride, but not pay for it (the american way of life lately)...especially on "lowballerland" Ebay...I hate that place, and would never advertise an MV or anything worthwhile there...just keep it man, you put too much effort, care and money into this great piece to just give away to some Wal-Mart motorcyclist looking for a "your loss my gain" situation...NEVER!!!!

Congratulations on a job well done with that MV. Nicest and cleanest that I have ever seen.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
acruhl said:
I either saw this bike at Laguna Seca one year, or saw a picture of it there...
Are you thinking of Martin's bike at MotoWheels Andy? It had some blue on it somewhere if I remember correctly but otherwise looked similar (minus the Mg)

A great bike and I do hope you find someone who can both appreciate and afford what you've done with it.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
No, but I think Martin said it was a customer of his?

I could swear it was this bike because I remember the rear brake line (I was fighting mine at the time). I think I actually saw it in '02.

For the other post, I didn't say I didn't like it, I just said that Ducatis with similar components are not priced this high.

Personally, it doesn't do much for me but to each his own. I'm sure that bike would be a blast to ride around the track.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
It's a nice bike! The reason for selling, I don't understand...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fdeandrade, I don't think anyone here was knocking your bike or not understanding what it is, especially myself it is beautiful and very well done(as I said before). It just seems to be a fact that aftermarket built bikes/boats/cars etc. don't bring much compared to the cost of doing them. A person does them out love for what there are doing. I have an '02 SPO1(1 of 50) and it has alot more done to it after the SPO1 kit was added the original buyer had 35,000.00 into it. I didn't pay anywhere near that for it. I bought after searching for 2 yrs for one. I love all the cool parts, carbon/TI/Mag, that are on this bike that was the reason for searching for/buying it.

Someone had asked about the weight, my bike still weights 440 wet and mine is similar in light weight parts as the bike on Ebay it is still less expensive for you to loose weight than lighten your bike but hey that stuff looks cool and I can't resist it. Regards, Vern

1 - 20 of 39 Posts