MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a 2014 F3 800 and looking to replace the chain. The chain itself says DID 525 VAZ on it. I could order from Startwin or evolution.it but it seems really unnecessary to have to get a chain from overseas. My search keeps coming up with VX as what is available from DID. Does anyone know a good way to get the VAZ chain in the US?

The info I have is:

114 links, 525 pitch, 17 / 41 sprockets.

·
Super Moderator
22,306 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks silent,

The thing is I have found chains from DID but not in my link length and I'm not sure what the VAZ equivalent is. I'm going to message DID and see what the specs for a VAZ is vs VX vs VX2 etc is.

If anyone knows please let me know though! I can't be the only 23,000 mile F3 800 around looking for a new chain in the US?!!!

·
Super Moderator
22,306 Posts
You will not find your exact length. You will need to buy a chain with more links than required and remove the links you do not need.

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
Can't find DID VX chain?????

Not the sharpest pencils in the box........

Go on eBay, type in " MV Agusta Brutale chain and sprocket kit "
Hit search.....bingo 228 results:grin2:

Got a DID VX chain, front and rear AFAM sprockets AND a nice rivetting tool
All for $147.40 delivered to my Mother's house:grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I specifically asked for where I can find the VAZ chain... not the VX.

I appreciate the extensive response on how I can't search on ebay due to me lack of pencil sharpness.

For those interested I spoke with DID in the US and they said the VAZ is an OEM chain and that the VX would be the equivalent. The person on the phone essentially repeated the same info that is found on the website.

Not the sharpest pencils in the box........

Go on eBay, type in " MV Agusta Brutale chain and sprocket kit "
Hit search.....bingo 228 results:grin2:

Got a DID VX chain, front and rear AFAM sprockets AND a nice rivetting tool
All for $147.40 delivered to my Mother's house:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
22,306 Posts
@airjawed: So, as usual, Noel was right.........:stickpoke:smoking:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't really feel the lack of power when I'm riding on the street. Keeping up and ahead of most guys I ride with including liter bikes and above. Maybe I would need that little extra if I was competing or on the track. Not worth the decreased service interval I think. This is based on my research but if someone has information showing otherwise please share.

why not go with a 520 and new sprockets

·
Registered
521 Posts
Thanks silent,

The thing is I have found chains from DID but not in my link length and I'm not sure what the VAZ equivalent is. I'm going to message DID and see what the specs for a VAZ is vs VX vs VX2 etc is.

If anyone knows please let me know though! I can't be the only 23,000 mile F3 800 around looking for a new chain in the US?!!!
Hi airjawed,

the specs "VAZ" is an OEM chain specs.
the specs "VX" is the equivalent of VAZ (as u mentioned) has the same specification

While the premium chain ZVM-X (successor of the ZVM2 chain) is probably the best motorcycle chain on the market, the VX/VX2 (successor of the VM chain / VM2 chain) represents the motorcycle chain with probably the best price/performance ratio on the market.

The VX2 is a bit lighter as the VX but more expensive

other labels are:

ZB = open with hollow rivet lock

FB = open with clip lock

RB = open with clip lock

EZ = closed (endless)

So for normal use the best is to go for the VX, on a track bike I would go for VX2 or the ZVM-X

The ZVM-X chain has become even more durable, more wear-resistant and has received significantly more tensile strength.

Hope this brings light into the darkness of designations.

·
Super Moderator
22,306 Posts
The earth is sphere shaped. I'm right but irrelevant.

Drum roll for flat earthers.....
This does nothing to bolster your cause.

If A=B, and B=C; A=C

That is a relevant statement. Sometimes what you ask is not really what you seek.:wink2:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Gero HH!! This is the kind of information I was looking for. I'm now thinking if the VX2 or the ZVM-X is equivalent and lighter that those would be a better option. Assuming they would provide the same service life. I see parts replacement as sometimes a good time to install something better if available.

Hi airjawed,

the specs "VAZ" is an OEM chain specs.
the specs "VX" is the equivalent of VAZ (as u mentioned) has the same specification

While the premium chain ZVM-X (successor of the ZVM2 chain) is probably the best motorcycle chain on the market, the VX/VX2 (successor of the VM chain / VM2 chain) represents the motorcycle chain with probably the best price/performance ratio on the market.

The VX2 is a bit lighter as the VX but more expensive

other labels are:

ZB = open with hollow rivet lock

FB = open with clip lock

RB = open with clip lock

EZ = closed (endless)

So for normal use the best is to go for the VX, on a track bike I would go for VX2 or the ZVM-X

The ZVM-X chain has become even more durable, more wear-resistant and has received significantly more tensile strength.

Hope this brings light into the darkness of designations.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No. I'm a physician by education but am educated in other areas as well. I work in IT just because I've had interest way back when I was 12 years old! I enjoy wrenching and have never been one to shy away from a broken machine. I love physics and anything mechanical. I certainly don't know everything or claim to know more than any expert but I love to learn and do things!

Airjawed are you an engineer by trade?

·
Registered
9 Posts
why not go with a 520 and new sprockets
Where are you guys buying the 520 conversion kits? I've searched on Google and only a few options came up (just rear sprockets only in 525 and in silver color). I was hoping to get a front and rear sprocket set in black color (I found the AEM rear sprocket on designcorse, but no front sprocket) which would work fine staying with 525, but I've seen no options in regards to 520. I have a 2016 B3 800RR.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I've got a 2014 F3 800 and looking to replace the chain. The chain itself says DID 525 VAZ on it. I could order from Startwin or evolution.it but it seems really unnecessary to have to get a chain from overseas. My search keeps coming up with VX as what is available from DID. Does anyone know a good way to get the VAZ chain in the US?

The info I have is:

114 links, 525 pitch, 17 / 41 sprockets.
Why are you looking for the VAZ in particular? My stock chain failed after 10 000km with tight links so sticking with X-ring from here.

After trying the 520 ERV3 chain and sprockets, I would never go back to a 525 pitch (if I have the option).

I also added a tooth on the rear to 44 and dropped one on the front and it woke up my 675 properly. The 800 might not need to be geared lower, but the 520 chain and sprockets would definitely lighten up things.

I got my MV chain and sprockets from:

https://motowheels.com/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts