MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum to see what kind of longevity I can expect but the most recent post was 2010. I know YMMV but I'm curious about others experience and whether they replaced their tires with the same when the time came to replace them.

I hit 3000 miles today since I bought the bike in late Spring and love the way the tires perform - great feedback, profile is very linear and they are sticky - they even do ok in light snow (found this out last week - it's already started snowing here in the mountains). Anyway, I'll be happy if I get another thousand or two.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
On the CC i didnt even get 4000km out of them. But i guess the nakeds and the F4 wear the tyres out differently.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Only got 2800 miles out of the rear on my F3. The front is ok at the moment, hoping it'll last as long as the second rear, then I'll replace the Pirelli's with a tyre that'll last a little longer.

·
Administrator
19,495 Posts
"Your mileage may vary"..!!!!!! On any given bike with any given tire different riding styles, roads and maintenance practices (air pressure) will result in differing wear rates.

Choose the tires that feel best and give you the performance level you like, replace when worn. Maybe at 200km, maybe at 6000km......but the rider next to you will probably have a different result.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I can't imagine that a hyper sport street legal track tire is performing well in the wet let alone in light snow.
They are simply getting not warm enough to be in their operation temperature window.
If You ask for tire mileage plus performance in all road conditions than You should certainly look for other tires.

·
Administrator
19,495 Posts
Geez you guys get impressive mileage from them!! last set lasted me less than 3500k (2200mile)
"Your mileage may vary".......:stickpoke

·
Registered
96 Posts
My SP´s get replaced at 5000km´s or so. They wear out on the sides, not in the center. For street use I keep the pressure around 3 bars, which reduces wear quite a lot.
In good conditions and on the track these tires ride great. In wet or cold slippery like hell!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
about 3k on mine normal riding , but i have had a set last 6k , i did a lot of ridding with clubs so it was slow

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
4400 miles. What's interesting is that the left side is more worn out than the right. Could this be because there's more wear on the drive side? Anyway, bought another set - love 'em.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Wear like that is usually down to the road camber, unless you spend a lot of time following those nascar things :stickpoke

·
Registered
822 Posts
4400 miles. What's interesting is that the left side is more worn out than the right. Could this be because there's more wear on the drive side? Anyway, bought another set - love 'em.

Road camber. Ours wear more on the right than the left cos we ride on the 'right' side of the road here in Oz.

Cheers

Deano

1 - 19 of 19 Posts