MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

The metzler M3s are at their end... wondering if anyone has tried the new Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa's as yet?

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
+ 1 on the Michelins Clarkie - best for the new year too....just did a nice 250km run today - beautiful day for it !!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Happy new year to both of you... Ride yesterday, got a red neck from the sun :) Might go for another tomorrow. Where did you go?

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
I headed north and around 16 and back again - basically up to Wellsford, very little traffic...roads a bit rough in places though and then back again. You?

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Nice - I think you told me about this route....this is your regular semi-east coast ride route isn't it?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Hi There,

The metzler M3s are at their end... wondering if anyone has tried the new Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa's as yet?

Never seen those before (we get things late here).

Is this something that shows up between the Corsa III and Supercorsa Pro?

From what I gathered, the first Rosso was a bit below the Corsa III in terms of grip, etc. This seems like the other side.... eh?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Nice - I think you told me about this route....this is your regular semi-east coast ride route isn't it?
Yup, its a fairly regular run. Got a bit of everything and the roads are reasonably quiet. Best of all there is a pub + cafe + Fish and Chip shop half way on the coast for a break and cold drink.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Hey Si - sorry about hijacking your thread mate ;) ....Not sure if I'll have time but drop me a text in the morning if you're heading out for a quick run....might be able to squeeze a few hours out to join you. Cheers

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Michelin for me too Simon. Currently riding on the Power One's on the 312R. 190/50/17 rear & 120/70/17 front. Best warm weather tyre I've used. They are a 2CT tyre. I'll go back to the Pilot Power's when it cools down.
Dave.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can get perelli's at cost...

2CTs huh?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Hi There,

The new Diablo Rosso Corsa's appear to have succeeded the Diablo III's, but I'm not sure where they fit in in the Pirelli line-up. Look at their treads they appear to be even sportier than the Dragon Supercorsa Pro's, but appearance doesn't say much about compound, warming-up time etc.

Why not give 'em a try instead of opting for the default no thinking involved conservative Power 2CT's, a tyre already some years old?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts

Why not give 'em a try instead of opting for the default no thinking involved conservative Power 2CT's, a tyre already some years old?
I agree. especially if you get Pirelli at cost.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It is to replace the Diablo Corsa III. Should be out now according to their website. I am not sure if that means in the US yet or other places in the world. I will be putting a set on the Brutale when it needs tires to replace the Corsa IIIs I have been using and will replace the Corsa IIIs for the GSXR600 with them for the track.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is to replace the Diablo Corsa III. Should be out now according to their website. I am not sure if that means in the US yet or other places in the world. I will be putting a set on the Brutale when it needs tires to replace the Corsa IIIs I have been using and will replace the Corsa IIIs for the GSXR600 with them for the track.
Not due in NZ for about 3 months according to the importers so went for a set of Corsa IIIs... they are amazing! The feel is completly different than the M3s. Love it, esp the 55 profile rear!!

Also got a set of supercorsas for track days (so cheap i could not help it!).

Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
greminn
i asked the same question a few months ago and every one pointed me to the michies my first thought was to replace my diablo's with diablo's rosso corsa then this lot talked me into michies im not to happy with them bike just aint as sure footed i will be going back to the rosso's

1 - 17 of 17 Posts