MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i had a few low beam fuse burns so i started tracing some wires for defects and i can't figure out what does what on the SPU box.

Does anyone have a more detailed SPU diagram than the black box I/O one in the workshop manual?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Robbedoes, in addition to what you've attached, have you looked at the Parts List, Function Diagram, and pinout numbering for the connectors which are also in the E section of the manual?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Which SPU have you got on your bike, blue or black backing ?
It is the new gen black back type. I know the blue type can cause problems but the black back one is okay right?

Robbedoes, in addition to what you've attached, have you looked at the Parts List, Function Diagram, and pinout numbering for the connectors which are also in the E section of the manual?
Thanks! the function diagram is what I was looking for. That page is a little deceiving because it starts with "CPU blabla" on the top of the page. I assumed the diagram had something to do with the CPU.

·
Super Moderator
22,325 Posts
CPU, yes.

SPU, no.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi Guy's. I was snooping trough the diagrams again. Things are getting clear except the "Latch Relay". Does anyone have an idea of what it does or how it exactly functions?

The ECU seems to have:
- a power line via the safety switch (kill switch) / ignition key,
- a power relay control line for the fuel pump,coils and injectors etc,
- and apparently a 15 amp max (read from my fuse box) latch relay controlled power supply to the ECU controlled by the ECU itself.
Maybe the power switch line is low current and the ECU uses the latch relay line for more current??

Most ECU's simply have a fuel relay controlled by the ECU (after the ignition key) and a main relay power to the ECU and accessories controlled by the ignition key..

PS did anyone also notice that the fuse amp and description table don't correspond with the diagrams and the real fusebox? Even the fuse text in de injection diagram looks paint-edited.

·
Registered
418 Posts
did anyone also notice that the fuse amp and description table don't correspond with the diagrams and the real fusebox? Even the fuse text in de injection diagram looks paint-edited.
It is accurate for the old blue backed SPU, for the newer black backed SPU you'll probably have to work back from the highest numbered fuse.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Alright i got the diagram almost worked out but i struck another mystery; the cooling fan system. The cooling fan appears to be ECU controlled via a relay in the SPU box. "Utility 5" in the function diagram. Can't find any details on that part. Is the fan pwm controlled? Or is it a simple on/off signal (high low) from the ecu?? Did anyone ever notice the fan spinning at various speeds?

·
Administrator
19,823 Posts
Pretty sure the fan is on/off......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts