MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the bearings and seals. I have the part numbers for the seals, and 2 of the bearings, but missing the 3rd bearing #.

Seals (2 each) INA MBR55X63X5A or SKF G55-63-5
Roller bearing (chain side) HK5520
Ball bearing (wheel side) 3810 2RS

I'm missing the part number for the skinny ball bearing on the wheel side of the hub. Anyone have it?

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
Why not contact Design Corse?

Reactions: gotojoe

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They responded. They don't supply parts for the hub. You have to get a whole new hub. Pretty crappy I'd say. All I need is the part number for that skinny bearing they added to the right side. Anyone have it?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Damn they won't even tell you the part number? Pretty crappy of them. Bearings are service parts!

·
Registered
14,684 Posts
?

I want to replace the bearings and seals. I have the part numbers for the seals, and 2 of the bearings, but missing the 3rd bearing #.

Seals (2 each) INA MBR55X63X5A or SKF G55-63-5
Roller bearing (chain side) HK5520
Ball bearing (wheel side) 3810 2RS

I'm missing the part number for the skinny ball bearing on the wheel side of the hub. Anyone have it?
1st you're wasting your money changing the HK 5520 needle bearing and it's inner race, same with the seals
only one failure recorded so far

What are the dimensions of the unknown bearing?
Might even have it in stock......:wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Noel! The bearing guy!

·
Vendor
5,492 Posts
The dreaded 3810 bearing.:frown2:
As far as the other bearing is concerned,the bearing number should be on the seal.
Why can’t Design Corse tell you the bearing number?
Off to the bearing shop then so they can measure it and sell you one.

·
Registered
14,684 Posts
?

moocowman;
I'm in Redondo Beach.....
Motion Industries sells the 3810-2RS bearing for ~$142.00 +tax
I have them for $34 if you pick them up
Call or text me, the number is in my signature :wink2:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Noel, I'll take it apart to measure the skinny bearing. OD and ID are the same as the one next to it, just shorter in height. All the other bearings and seals are the same as the OEM hub. It looks like the only difference between their hub and the OEM hub bearing-wise is they added a skinny bearing. It doesn't feel like any of the bearings have failed. Either way, to get to the seal I'm going to have to drive out the left side bearing and might damage it. I may as well replace them all. I'll get back to you and appreciate your help and am SO glad you have the bearings for sale for so much cheaper. I wanted to puke when I looked up the bearing prices.

Mitchy, I don't know why they won't give me the bearing number. I'd gladly buy it from them if they don't want to give out the part number. But the problem isn't that they're stingy with part numbers. Either they don't want people servicing their hubs, want people to have to buy whole new hubs or think that their hubs will last forever.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tony, bearings feel ok, but it's possible a seal has popped off the face of one of the right side bearings. I think more likely inner seal on the left side has failed. As for warranty, I don' t know how old this hub is. When I bought the bike used, it already had it installed. I'm at 44K miles and I tend to abuse and neglect this poor thing. Stuff will fall apart. I don't think of this as a defect, just normal wear. Besides, a warranty claim means I'll have to send it in, probably be without a bike for a month... nah.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just saying, if you bought a Mitch hub you'd never have a problem getting bearings or maybe never have to change them again. Easy to get new bearings too!

I've had mine apart twice now both times after rain race weekends. Not even wet or dirty inside the bearings. Still took them out, cleaned and greased the bearings, reassembled and no issues, no play, perfect fit.

Wish the swingarm pivot & shock linkage bearings kept the grim out as well as Mitch's hub does, they need attention twice a season. Almost no one checks them and they wear more than I ever expected them too. Not only the bearings but linkage bolt shafts, bushings & spacers wear when dirt gets in them. They wear like MX bikes do? :nerd2:

Life is too short to frustrated by something so simple and easy to resolve. Okay back to quietly observing...:grin2:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Noel, I'll take it apart to measure the skinny bearing. OD and ID are the same as the one next to it, just shorter in height. All the other bearings and seals are the same as the OEM hub. It looks like the only difference between their hub and the OEM hub bearing-wise is they added a skinny bearing. It doesn't feel like any of the bearings have failed. Either way, to get to the seal I'm going to have to drive out the left side bearing and might damage it. I may as well replace them all. I'll get back to you and appreciate your help and am SO glad you have the bearings for sale for so much cheaper. I wanted to puke when I looked up the bearing prices.

Mitchy, I don't know why they won't give me the bearing number. I'd gladly buy it from them if they don't want to give out the part number. But the problem isn't that they're stingy with part numbers. Either they don't want people servicing their hubs, want people to have to buy whole new hubs or think that their hubs will last forever.
Unless I'm mistaken, MV dont sell the bearings for their hubs either. It could be a rabbit hole of liability issues.

JOe

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know about Mitch's hub. I wish the previous owner had gotten Mitch's hub instead of the Design Corse. I'll eventually get one once my conscience allows it, if the bike is still alive. Business has been challenging. I have too many other things grabbing at my wallet. Right now, I just want to stop this leak. I hoping to make some time this weekend to take it apart.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The bearing number is 61810-2RS1 / 6810-2RS. It's 65mm x 50 mm x 7mm. Do you have one?

The seals for the left bearing have no obvious signs of wear or damage, but the grease is coming out the left side and it also looks like grease has gone past the inside seal, migrating towards the right. It looks like the bearing has to come out in order to replace the inner seal. So, can you please give me a price for all the bearings and seals?

L bearing HK5520.
R bearing 3810-2RS.
R bearing 6810-2RS.
(2 each) Seals G55-63-5.

·
Registered
14,684 Posts
?

Post a picture of the inner race for the needle bearing, I can tell if it's OK or not
The needle bearings basically never fail......1so far in 10 years
Just trying to save you some money.....:wink2:

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts