MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to put a deposit down on a red\silver Brutale 800. Swapping my Speed Triple in on the deal.

Very excited. I love my Speed but it's just a bit too big and heavy handling for my tastes. Wonderful ride but not snappy enough for me.

I'm not going to add any aftermarket parts right away, but I am tempted by the MV gel seat. Is it a big step up?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Farmer,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on making the change. I too traded in my 2012 Speed Triple in for a B800 last year. The change is quite dramatic IMO even though both are triple nakeds.

The speed had silky torque everywhere and was very comfortable. But you're right, it is very top heavy and not very nimble. The B800 accelerates just as fast because the engine spins up so quickly and it's super light. The handling is telepathic and does take some getting used to.

The factory seat indeed feels very hard because the of the seat's shape. But once you're moving and sitting on it, it's not so bad. I sent my seat to Luimoto to get a cover made for it. It should be back next week. All in all, I was happy with the trade. Enjoy and ride safe!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

Brutaleville, good to know you're happy moving to the Brute from the Speed. I had a modified Street triple before the Speed and I hope the MV splits the difference between the two.

It sounds a bit trivial, but I got tired of fighting the physical size of the Speed. Paddling around parking lots, the barn... it got annoying. I'm not real tall and I couldn't get my feet on the ground. Otherwise, a tremendous all-around road bike.

I also think it's a good time to swap in the Speed, as I suspect Triumph will be updating the bike soon.

So I'm giving MV a try. Pulled the trigger after reading that the latest mapping made the triple motors work smoothly.

·
Registered
320 Posts
So I'm giving MV a try. Pulled the trigger after reading that the latest mapping made the triple motors work smoothly.
Same for me... After the looks (of course) the power to weight vs the alternatives got me hooked & the news of the software / map update was the icing on the cake. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts