MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Anyone interested in riding a 910? Tomorrow 04-15-06, we'll be having a demo day. Come one come all....

Bikes to ride
Monster 620
S2R 800
S2R 1000
Multistrada 620
Multistrada 1000S
999 BIP
Brutale 910

Pro Italia
3319 N. Verdugo Rd
Glendale, Ca 91208
818-249-5707
9am-5:30pm

See y'alls here!!!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
just make sure there's gas in them!!!

last time i did a demo ride at pro italia - on a brutale no less - i ran out of gas about 1.5 miles from the shop! LOL.

guess that's why i have the F4 now.

Alex

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Thanks for the offer, but I can't make it. Will be out on a jaunt on Tam 292 , with Matt on the 910R , and Kenny on his Monster.

Peter, about to chow down a Philly steaksandwich.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
SamsonNg said:
Hello everyone! Anyone interested in riding a 910? Tomorrow 04-15-06, we'll be having a demo day. Come one come all....

Bikes to ride
Monster 620
S2R 800
S2R 1000
Multistrada 620
Multistrada 1000S
999 BIP
Brutale 910

Pro Italia
3319 N. Verdugo Rd
Glendale, Ca 91208
818-249-5707
9am-5:30pm

See y'alls here!!!
No F4? :bawling:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
altoon said:
just make sure there's gas in them!!!

last time i did a demo ride at pro italia - on a brutale no less - i ran out of gas about 1.5 miles from the shop! LOL.

guess that's why i have the F4 now.

Alex
May be that was a ploy to get you to buy the F4 Alex? :)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Bikes that will not be ridden:

Monster 620
MultiStrada 620

Bikes ridden most:
Brutale

Just a prediction. :laughing:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ben (odonata), good meeting you at Pro Italia today. What did you think about the 999 test ride ?

I was really surprised at you tame and smooth (civilized) the 999 was as compared to the MV. The MV is an animal that it is your mission to tame and that is what I find the most rewarding part of F4-1000 ownership.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
awiner said:
Ben (odonata), good meeting you at Pro Italia today. What did you think about the 999 test ride ?

I was really surprised at you tame and smooth (civilized) the 999 was as compared to the MV. The MV is an animal that it is your mission to tame and that is what I find the most rewarding part of F4-1000 ownership.
It was nice meeting you and Eric(0700)! compared to my ex-916, the 999 was really refined and deceptively quick... I like the riding position, the pipe sounded like a scooter compared to my 916 with the Termignoni, and the handling is a bit heavier than I am used to, I felt like I had to use more muscle to get it to lean over, but the bike felt smooth and stable in the corner. powerful brakes, it's a very good bike, but I think I made the right choice to go with MV.

the 910R looked great, I wished I had a camera with me then.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
odonata said:
It was nice meeting you and Eric(0700)! compared to my ex-916, the 999 was really refined and deceptively quick... I like the riding position, the pipe sounded like a scooter compared to my 916 with the Termignoni, and the handling is a bit heavier than I am used to, I felt like I had to use more muscle to get it to lean over, but the bike felt smooth and stable in the corner. powerful brakes, it's a very good bike, but I think I made the right choice to go with MV.

the 910R looked great, I wished I had a camera with me then.
Ben, which 999 did you ride? Interested it your thoughts re why the MV over Ducati?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
agusta01 said:
Ben, which 999 did you ride? Interested it your thoughts re why the MV over Ducati?

One of my silly questions too Ben. If money was no object, would you have a 999 in that cavernous garage of yours alongside the Senna? :naughty:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Had a great time, great excuse to get RSV-boy to put some miles on the Exige. You'll need to clean the drool on the 910R wheels :)

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
it was a new base 2006 999 biposto, red with black pillion :wtf:

I choose F4 over 999 because of the aesthetics, refinement, build quality, the scream of the 4 or the twins, handling characteristic.

I thought 999 was deceptively fast because I was comparing it mostly to my ex-916, the 999 had a lot more hp and torque, but the ergo was more friendly, the controls are lighter and more refine, less vibration, less noise with the exhaust box and the dry clutch... the pathetic exhaust sounded like a scooter next to the growl of the 910 demo next to it. So with all the rough edges smoothed out and the fantastic sensory experience of the rider perception muted while adding much more hp, I find myself going about 25mph faster then I thought I was as I accelerated onto the freeway :eek: .

One of my silly questions too Ben. If money was no object, would you have a 999 in that cavernous garage of yours alongside the Senna?
My garage just looks big because there are no cars in there, my 3 cars are sitting outside of it... no doubt I would buy a 999R if I had the money, because I do like the bike...along with the Brutale starfighter, the Enzo, the BMW M5, and the Bell AH64, the M1A1 tank and...... :king: :laughing:

·
Registered
375 Posts
The 999 was so quiet. When I pulled the clutch in to stop at the red light I thought the bike stalled. No noise, no vibration, nothing !

It reminded me very much of how Japanese bikes run. Not that this is a bad thing, but I want my Italian work of art to scream and tear my arms out of my sockets .... Or at least feel that way ;)

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
What's with the 910r sightings with no camera or pictures to post! :cussing:

How long will the 910r be at Pro Italia?

·
Registered
375 Posts
They received 3 910R's. One is still in the showeroom however sold and waiting to be picked up.

Samson said hewould try to get some pictures up this week as he had been really busy getting ready for the Demo Day.

The 910R is stunning.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Thanks for the info. I would really like to see one in person but was unable to on friday (believing that they were in then). It took 5 hours to drive from San Diego to the Glendale area and by then I had no time to drop by :cussing:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts