MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to riding and really wanted a Brutale 910 but im thinking its just too much bike for my first bike. I am trying to decide on either a 2006 sprint st 1050, 2006 honda vfr, or a moto guzzi breva 1100. I know all different bikes...but I would like to hear peoples opinions of which they would choose given these bikes and why. :stickpoke

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Well, I don't want to dampen your enthousiasm to much, but these are all very expensive and overly powerful bikes to learn on...I would tone down the cc size of your first bike, and look for something under $10k, with smaller hp numbers. Just my 2cents.
What about the Breva 750?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Good first bikes:

1. Dirt bike of any form, ridden in the dirt.
2. SV650, preferably already crashed or with scratches so you won't feel bad when you drop it.
3. Kawasaki 650R Ninja
4. Any other smaller bike with a little more upright riding position like the Breva mentioned above.

·
Registered
803 Posts
ricster said:
I am new to riding and really wanted a Brutale 910 but im thinking its just too much bike for my first bike. I am trying to decide on either a 2006 sprint st 1050, 2006 honda vfr, or a moto guzzi breva 1100. I know all different bikes...but I would like to hear peoples opinions of which they would choose given these bikes and why. :stickpoke
If thoses are the bikes you are seriously looking at you might as well get the Brutale.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
One key question is whether you have ridden much. With any riding experience I think the Brutale 750 is a good starter bike (and I know I'm in the minority on this point). It's light with a low seat height. I think weight is the real enemy early on. And the 750 is relatively docile at low RPM's. You can get a used one relatively cheap. It's a hell of a lot more fun than a Monster...and a better first bike than the others you mentioned. I think the first bike thing is a little overrated. Just take it easy initially. If you bought a Monster you would just be looking to trade-up in 6 months. A 620 Multistrada is another good choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts