MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much thought, and no thanks to you suckers for the photoshop help :stickpoke

I have made a decision on the Ago replacement. Not that anyone really cares, but there seems to be another thread or two in which F4 to buy has been debated.

Picked the 312R, in Pearl/Black.

Reasons.
1. One of the main reasons, was due to the fueling issues with the R. While I do not have first hand experience with this "problem", it seems to be an issue that is raised in this forum and mag articles as well. So i figure it must have some truth to it. I figure to "fix" the issues will require modifications that will equal, if not exceed the premium for the 312R.

2. According to reassurance by my dealer, the 312R and R are both available for 08. and the 312 is a limited homo bike.

3. Women. Its interesting and baffleing the way their minds work. We just got a new house and are in the middle of a pricey renovation. I say, I will just keep the duc (for my italian fix) and get a Jap bike. SHe says, "your not going to ride a yamah if you have a ducati". I insist on saving money and say I am getting the yamaha, she says no.
I then say I will sell the Duc get the R, but mention the 312...she asks how much more. I tell her and she says for that much, I might as well get the best. And that I need to keep the 998 as it will be a classic when the kids grow up.
I guess she loves me and wants me to be happy.

Anyways, thats my story....going to pick it up Friday, on the way to Deals Gap. Gonna take the duc too....maybe take the MV out for some easy runs, but use the duc till I can get the MV home for some required protection, namely radiator guard, and paint protection.

I will take some pics from the gap.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
lewdog998 said:
Picked the 312R, in Pearl/Black.

2. According to reassurance by my dealer, the 312R and R are both available for 08. and the 312 is a limited homo bike.
Congrats HOMO! J/K :nutkick:

One thing about the Homologation issue, if the new 1200cc rules go through for the Ducati as stated in another thread the minimum number of biks needed to race goes from 150 to 1000 which makes the 312 a production bike if MV wants to race WSBK.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
That's a good point on the R vs 312. You'd have to spend a little dyno time to get it tuned (the R). Not sure if the 312 has similar issues though?

But your AGO is so cool...

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
does she have a sister????.... :stickpoke they don't make em like that anymore.....sometimes my g/f seems to make plans for me to not ride my bike.....

i'll get the details for deals gap as soon as i can find the time.... :friday:

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Congrats, you've made a great choice :yo: :yo:

But i really doubt your dealers reassurance :blah: (althought it would be a good think for me as i got the 312 :D )

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Congrats mate. I fell in love with the pearl and black when I visited the MV factory this year. Not to mention the lovely Italian girl who showed me around! Its been a tough choice, as my F4S has been running really well. But you only live once!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
lewdog998 said:
After much thought, and no thanks to you suckers for the photoshop help :stickpoke
Sorry, I had Final exams :bawling:
I am currently behind schedule on my photoshops... I was making a different variant of the Mambas that are in my gallery, which I canceled... And I a photoshopping a vintage MV for a member of this forum... Sorry, but congrats on the bike :naughty: (I guess I'm not going to be able to ride, will I? )

·
Registered
140 Posts
lewdog998 said:
And that I need to keep the 998 as it will be a classic when the kids grow up.
Um... don't tell her that the MV "IS a classic" and will certainly be when the kids grow up.....lol.

-W

1 - 8 of 8 Posts