MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
There is no simple "decat" system available; most companies offer a slip-on muffler including decat and removing the exhaust valve. Once that is done, you will need to reflash the ECU (check www.Rexxer.com) to richen the mixture or buy a Power Commander or the factory race ECU. The Rexxer guy claims they've done dyno runs and the stock muffler is pretty restrictive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I rode an F3 675 (black) [so that we can distinguish between the two mentioned later] that had been decatted and hollowed out. It sounded amazing from 6000 upwards with this massive growl, but I was very disappointed as it lost all the bottom end power and even some of the power at higher rpm's. I don't know if it needed to be chipped/mapped to resolve the issue. However I am used to my F3 800 but the other standard F3 675 (red) I rode was perfect all the way to 15000. Unless there was something wrong with this particular bike, I definitely would not do it. I felt that even on pull off it was noticeable and if you where at 6000rpm and above and opened the throttle suddenly, nothing happened but noise. I mean literally nothing happened. I think the bike needs backpressure and this might just get rid of that. Loved the sound and considered it in the beginning but the more I rode it the more disappointed I felt. It might be different on the 800 but I doubt it. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
ECU Reflash

There is no simple "decat" system available; most companies offer a slip-on muffler including decat and removing the exhaust valve. Once that is done, you will need to reflash the ECU (check www.Rexxer.com) to richen the mixture or buy a Power Commander or the factory race ECU. The Rexxer guy claims they've done dyno runs and the stock muffler is pretty restrictive.
Confirms my suspicion as it was posted just as I was typing....

·
Registered
504 Posts
So far the systems that seem to make sense for the F3s include the Zero, with its OEM-look, 3-pipe outlets, and the HP Corse Evolution, with its hydroformed 3-into-1 muffler. Both systems stop the outlets short of the rear wheel to keep it in full view, unlike the Akra and Termi versions.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The lenght of the pipes plays a role on the gaz trap . The stock triple short is very good looking and noisy but you gain torque at all curve with longer single pipe(used in racing ), and with a db killer you may ride on limited noise track days. There is no need to remap too, it's a slip-on with the original valve and cat .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.