MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with disbelief and sadness that I find myself writing this. Today Steve Irwin, international celebrity and Ausssie Icon better known to many as the Croc Hunter, was killed in a tradgic diving accident in the North of Australia while filming a documentry by a stingray barb to the heart.

A rare individual whose devotion to wildlife and conservation is unsurpassed and will not soon be forgotten.

Thank You for the entertainment and the education you bought to so many in a way that only you could. You will be missed.

He is survived by his wife and two young children.

R.I.P. Steve Irwin 22/2/1962 - 4/09/2006

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
A very sad day. I personable man who clearly loved his work and his enthusiasm bubbled over whenever he graced the TV screen.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
When people become aware that I ride sportbikes, alot, I am often asked, "Are you not afraid of dying on a bike?", or they make some threatining statement like, "You are going to kill yourself". There are inherent risks in many of life's undertakings, especially those that are usually the most fun. You can die crossing the street on foot, or you can fall victim to Cancer or any other sort of disease.

Point is, there are a million ways to die. I understand and accept the risks of my passion so I play by the rules, and ride within my ability, the bike's limits, amd the limits of the environment I am in. Given my choices, if I have to go, I'd rather say goodbye with a big grin on my face, doing what I love.

Steve Irwin was one of those individuals that also made a living by pursuing his passion, I wish I were so lucky. As I remember the man who seemed like a friend to millions who never met him, I like to believe the same, that he passed doing what he loved the most, and that he left us doing what kept him living, right up until the end.

Rest in peace, Steve, and thank you for the hours of education and entertainment. You will be missed

Speed safely,

Griff
twoeleven

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
twoeleven said:
When people become aware that I ride sportbikes, alot, I am often asked, "Are you not afraid of dying on a bike?", or they make some threatining statement like, "You are going to kill yourself". There are inherent risks in many of life's undertakings, especially those that are usually the most fun. You can die crossing the street on foot, or you can fall victim to Cancer or any other sort of disease.

Point is, there are a million ways to die. I understand and accept the risks of my passion so I play by the rules, and ride within my ability, the bike's limits, amd the limits of the environment I am in. Given my choices, if I have to go, I'd rather say goodbye with a big grin on my face, doing what I love.

Steve Irwin was one of those individuals that also made a living by pursuing his passion, I wish I were so lucky. As I remember the man who seemed like a friend to millions who never met him, I like to believe the same, that he passed doing what he loved the most, and that he left us doing what kept him living, right up until the end.

Rest in peace, Steve, and thank you for the hours of education and entertainment. You will be missed

Speed safely,

Griff
twoeleven

VERY well said...I wish people would think before saying "you are going to kill yourself on that thing" little do they realize one can get killed from other things we take for granted.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I couldn't believe this when I read the news last night. He really lived life to the fullest.. much respect to him and his lifes work

·
Registered
96 Posts
I live close to where Steve's Australia Zoo is located and was told that last night the area outside had become media city... I hope such an event does not cheapen such a significant event in his families lives.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
My dad read that to me...4 minutes after it was posted on the internet....I was in disbelief....

A stab to the heart...holy crap!!!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Read the news on the bbc website last night. My wife and I were shocked and saddened. We're not fans of zoos (animals in captivity) but we recognise that Mr. Irwin was a special person and his work on and off television is hugely important. I say 'is' because I believe his work will not die with him.

A good friend's boys will be devastated--he was their hero. I can't imagine how Mr. Irwin's wife and kids are coping right now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts