MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just orded the oem oil filter wrench for my bike, a steal a $66 FUCKING DOLLARS! :banghead: This is going to take some getting used to..... :moped:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Some Guy said:
This is going to take some getting used to..... :moped:
Yeah, getting boned certainly does take some getting used to. As a new owner also, I feel your pain. The rest of these guys are so numb they don't even worry about it anymore. LOL

:shocker:

·
Registered
154 Posts
The oil filter is $30. But I thought any oil filter wrench adaptor from your local auto station would work. It just has to fit on the oil filter. I don't change the oil myself, but I was charged $30 for the oem oil filter at the 600mi service. I don't know why we have to change the oil filter after 600mi anyhow?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I changed my own oil and filter. I went to NAPA and bought a $10 oil filter "wrench" with a 3/8" socket end. It worked just as good as the OEM wrench.

I'm out of town right now, but I'll get specifics when I get home on Sunday if someone doesn't beat me to it.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
$30????

OEM filters at the shop where my place is located, (Cliff's cycle revolution in Danbury CT) lists them at $19. (I get a discount though)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
lkyk9 said:
I changed my own oil and filter. I went to NAPA and bought a $10 oil filter "wrench" with a 3/8" socket end. It worked just as good as the OEM wrench.

I'm out of town right now, but I'll get specifics when I get home on Sunday if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Size "F" IIRC.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Rearsets $450 new tires $450 stearing demper $450 carbon fiber pylon seat $450 Do you see a patern here :banghead: I gues the midpipe is a bargan :violin:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Just in windscreen $450.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im fanatical about oil changes, I dumped it at 50mi and will do it again at 150mi, then go to regularly scheduled changes. I bought the "F" filter wrench at autozone and cant get a ratchet on it, did i miss something? I may end up welding a nut on the end and just calling it a day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts