MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would it be worth the effort to try to put together a MV Rally at the Dragon in 2007?

I'm just trying to gauge interest.

Most here I'm sure have heard of the Gap, or ridden it.

318 corners in 11 miles. Squids need not apply. I've organized a few rallys here, and now that I'm riding an MV I figured I'd atleast post something.

For more information check out:

www.tailofthedragon.com
www.killboy.com

I have hired killboy in the past to do photo shots of the group. He does great work, and will make a midnight run of the Gap with anyone.

Post up if seriously interested. Thanks... :)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spalding12 said:
i'm definitely interested.... but there are MANY BETTER ROADS near the gap without all the squids (though mid-week rides aren't that dangerous there)
the cherohala skyway, etc....
but...
i would definitely be intersted in a north georgia/north carolina/tennessee ride
I did the "Loop" 2 weeks ago in North Georgia.

Also I agree 110%.

Ride the Gap early in the morning or on weekdays. On the weekends it's a zoo.

28 down to Franklin is great aswell. The Cherohala isn't bad either as you mentioned.

We tend to send the squids to Cades Cove so they can stunt. :wink

·
Registered
257 Posts
Same here! I'll go in a heart beat. the foothills parkway is allso very nice. I'v been many times and I was planning to go again before it gets cold. Greg, If ya like you could hitch a ride up with us.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The leaves of the trees are "TURNING" so the fall tourist will be out in force with thier double wide on wheels.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
SOULRIDER said:
I did the "Loop" 2 weeks ago in North Georgia.

Also I agree 110%.

Ride the Gap early in the morning or on weekdays. On the weekends it's a zoo.

28 down to Franklin is great aswell. The Cherohala isn't bad either as you mentioned.

ah.....
makes sense to me
in and out of SUCHES.... HWY 60, etc
all great roads

sounds great to me

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
398 Posts
I am in for sure. Let's just get somthing put together now rather than later so we can have at least some time to set our agendas.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm defenitely in, lets do it!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
spalding12 said:
ah.....
makes sense to me
in and out of SUCHES.... HWY 60, etc
all great roads

sounds great to me
The Gap makes a good starting point and all the roads around there and in North GA are awesome. COUNT me in as well.
FYI, the Tapaco Lodge is a greeat place to stay. Just a couple miles from the Dragon. The Tapaco has a good restuarant, mini convenience store and beer. Good food and beer can sometimes be a problem in the evenings in that area. http://www.tapocolodge.com/

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
lewdog998 said:
the Tapaco Lodge is a greeat place to stay. Just a couple miles from the Dragon. The Tapaco has a good restuarant, mini convenience store and beer. Good food and beer can sometimes be a problem in the evenings in that area. http://www.tapocolodge.com/

i was just there recently....
a great place for sure.
it would be a tremendous gathering place at night, as well

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've stayed at Tapoco before.

Also Fontana Village is decent aswell (atleast the cabins).

I'll post a poll for which month.

Remember we are talking 07'.

Thanks for the reponses.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
spalding12 said:
Jay, we thank YOU for organizing what will surely be a great and well-attended event
It's my pleasure.

I've done this quite a few times.

It's certainly worth it for the memories, and good times to be had. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The biggest issue with organizing these events is coming up with a date that will satisfy the group.

I'll check the current "Dragon" calendar tonight, and post a poll tonight.

Please do not vote unless you are seriously interested in attending.

·
Registered
339 Posts
SOULRIDER said:
Gee, I used to ride to Cades Cove when I was in college but I have admitted to squidly tendencies in the past . . . now I'm a much more mature rider :naughty:

Let me know when you guys are planning and I might be able to double up with a family visit. I might not be on an MV, however, but I'll find something to ride:

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Nevermore said:
Gee, I used to ride to Cades Cove when I was in college but I have admitted to squidly tendencies in the past . . . now I'm a much more mature rider :naughty:

Let me know when you guys are planning and I might be able to double up with a family visit. I might not be on an MV, however, but I'll find something to ride:
this is great
a combo of riding and a get together with good friends.... and families would really be wonderful

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I've stayed at Fontana Village also. I'm definitely interested as it's been a few years since I've tangled with "The Dragon".

1 - 20 of 62 Posts