MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of planning a trip to Deals Gap, NC. Maybe even an East Coast meet there.. would be great to have a weekend full MV's carving 318 turns in 11 miles and clean roads and no cops.
Was there last year on my ST1300 yes and had a great time... What our your thougts on this?
Me on my ST there last May.

Attachments

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
count me in.... just got a new trailer and am ready to hit the mountians....just finished a ride last weekend into N.C. and S.C.....(thanks Pete) and I am already planning another ride in the next few weeks. This following weekend (14th) I'll be going south to Savannah, Ga to relax with my g/f so no riding for me....(atleast no MV riding) :naughty: I can get a few folks together....maybe some MV owners too.... I'm all in after this month :devilsmok

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
think we mentioned this 2nd half of '06 for this year. didn't get a commitment from anybody...including myself, but said we would roll the dice in the spring. haven't done anything with it sense i believe. but i bet once it warms up and us east coasters start getting the riding bug real bad, we'll be more willing to commit.

oh yeah...i won't be up till end of the month. :ahhh:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fly for a Hong Kong based airline for a living, I get my schedule on the 15th of April for May. Was hoping to head down on the weekend before Memorial Day.... also to Style One, I will be in the Columbia, MD on the 16th for a week. with my MV, heading down to help out my elderly father and plan on hauling the MV down there.
Maybe a ride? :f4:

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
are we going to shoot for a weekend in May? or June?....I'm up for any weekend.... Have plans in May 12th weekend, and 19th :banghead: maybe I can knock one of them weekend plans out of the sky.....If anyone else interested in a meet can shout out some times they could meet, that would make it easier to plan a meet for everyone. I will have a trailer that can haul 3 bikes, but I think it will be filled with my bike, a 2005 Nero F4 1000, and a 2005 red/silver F4 1000.... but most people will think I'm hauling Harleys....(trailer has West Coast Choppers, and Harley colored theme stickers on the side)....maybe all that will be gone by the time the trip/meet arrives..... :nutkick:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
i 'm mostly game for anytime....name the date time and place....and i will try to be there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm planning on heading up to NC on April 20th for the weekend. I'm staying at the Nantahala Village (http://www.nvnc.com/). I'm riding up from Atlanta taking the 'scenic route' through Blue Ridge and over the Cherohala Skyway (fun fun) and my wife's driving up with all the rest of my toys (kayaks, road bikes and mountain bikes). I'll probably ride the Dragon on Sat afternoon and again on the way home on Sunday.
Otherwise, I don't need much persuading to head up for another weekend if we can get a group together - I don't need no stinkin' trailer!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Once I have my schedule on the 15th of April, I will have hard dates that I will be available.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
zoom...i will be bikeless at that time i'm sure. however, there is a thread on DC/MD/VA meet. maybe those riding will want to get together. :banghead:

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
how about a ride on May 26th/ 27th?? thats the last weekend in May. Anyone up for it?? :stickpoke I've carved it in stone....so it's a set date for me. Pete.....U in? I'll have a few other riders with me...including atleast one other MV owner..... Daniel....you in? Pm's will be sent to both of you guys....Anyone else planning on the trip let me know and I can get some hotel/ lodge locations together :drummer:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I'm gonna try to make it...gotta confirm with the wife though, I believe she is going out that weekend too, but if I can get the grandparents to sit the kids, then I am game. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can plan on it...it's a little far ahead for me to be 100% sure about (why be that organized, life is more interesting when you wing it:cool: ) You sure you're ok with a lowly Kwak along for the ride?? At least you'd have a benchmark for the slow end of the pack:stickpoke

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
petezzr said:
I can plan on it...it's a little far ahead for me to be 100% sure about (why be that organized, life is more interesting when you wing it:cool: ) You sure you're ok with a lowly Kwak along for the ride?? At least you'd have a benchmark for the slow end of the pack:stickpoke
you woudln't be the only *kwaka* there.... my friend from the last ride (zx10) will be there. Teh other guy has to learn a few things before he gets to go again.....maybe the guy that stores the R1 in my garage will go too.... his bike has about a 1/4 inch of dust on it :violin:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:banghead:
Djester said:
how about a ride on May 26th/ 27th?? thats the last weekend in May. Anyone up for it?? :stickpoke I've carved it in stone....so it's a set date for me. Pete.....U in? I'll have a few other riders with me...including atleast one other MV owner..... Daniel....you in? Pm's will be sent to both of you guys....Anyone else planning on the trip let me know and I can get some hotel/ lodge locations together :drummer:
That would almost be great except it being Memorial Day weekend, we would behind every slow, Harley Hog rider moving around the curves at a scorching 10 mph. Not to mention the campers and every armchair rider out there.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
ahhhh.... it takes me a bit to warm up before the wheels get to turning in the brain... :conveyer: ... good point about memorial day weekend..... how about the following weekend?? June 1st-3rd? How's that for everyones schedule? It's a pretty long ways away so we can still improvise on the plans.... :stir:

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
I will be moving that direction in May, Spartanburg SC. I may be able to go looks like 2 hrs away. Will all depend on when I found a house and get to close on it. If you want lets start a poll and just vote for the weekend?
Andrew

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
start a poll and see what happens.... sean said that tons of people are flocking to deals gap...... i'm sure that even with tons of folks we'd still have fun. I'm set for June 1st-3rd..... I rode up through suches last weekend and going again this weekend... the mountain bug has bitten...... this weekend I'll take some pics...last weekend they were burning stuff and the mountian views were all smokey looking.... :smoking:

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
everyone still on for the first of June??? 1-3rd?? I'll be going up on friday to get posted up and ready to ride. :f4: I'll bring tools and such in case we have to do some mods or anything else. BBQ Grill??....yep it's going..... for some reason it looks as if a few will be able to make it.....hopefully more get the chance :f4:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts