MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright....since it is about time to put deposits down...I'd like to kindly ask for your opinions about the following three dealerships that are closest to my current area of living:

* Motor Cycle Center, Villa Park, Illionois
* Blue Moon Cycle, Norcross, Georgia
* European Motorsports, Dahlonega, Georgia

As far as distance goes, the one in Illinois wins, however, whether I drive 5 or 6 hours does not really matter at the end of the day. I am looking for people in the area that have used either dealership and can provide some information such as size of the dealership, friendliness, mechanical excellence, quality of service and so on.

As I don't have the time to visit each dealership on my own, I kind of need to rely on your opinions in order to select one...

As always, your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Administrator
19,841 Posts
Still have to visit Blue Moon. They have a good rep amongst the BMW crowd. The owner got into the business restoring old Beemers and selling parts for them. Mixed reviews from the MV owners that have been there.

The guys in Dahlonega are enthusiasts...the tech has been to Ducati schools and MV schools (at Ferraci) and is very experienced on Moto Guzzis. Small shop...I like them.

Illinois...no clue...wrong side of the Mason Dixon.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ed...very much appreciated.

I am still hoping for some more comments especially since I know that we have more members living and riding MVs in that area....

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I bought my ape from Euro in Dahlonega, like the people. Service mgr,/tech Ian is very enthusiastic about Italian bikes.

They sell lots of bikes there, amazingly, even with that, the owner sent me a 1page handwritten letter thanking me for the business.
Combined with the great hours (they're open Wed-Sun) during the riding season which is brilliant because N. Ga is a huge biking mecca.

Went to Blue Moon, seemed ok, but wasn't wowed by them in any respects.

Chris

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'd also like to see responses on Motor Cycle Center as they are the nearest to me. I miss Corse Superbike in Saukville WI.

Looks like a little gap between dealership location, northeastern Wisconsin to Fisherville Kentucky.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought my ape from Euro in Dahlonega, like the people. Service mgr,/tech Ian is very enthusiastic about Italian bikes.

They sell lots of bikes there, amazingly, even with that, the owner sent me a 1page handwritten letter thanking me for the business.
Combined with the great hours (they're open Wed-Sun) during the riding season which is brilliant because N. Ga is a huge biking mecca.

Went to Blue Moon, seemed ok, but wasn't wowed by them in any respects.

Chris
Chris,

Thank you very much...it seems that the one Dahlonega would be the preference when going down to Georgia....well...I actually read that Atlanta is considered the number 1 city for men due to the abundance of southern girls...so might not be the worst case heading down there to get the bike serviced... :naughty:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Andreas, the Ducati dealership here in Springfield, which I'm sure is quite a bit closer to you than the Chicago dealership, works on the pre-'10 MVs because they used to sell them. I'm going to be asking them in the near future whether they'll work on the post-'09 bikes since this will affect my decision to buy an F3. I'll let you know if their answer is affirmative.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andreas, the Ducati dealership here in Springfield, which I'm sure is quite a bit closer to you than the Chicago dealership, works on the pre-'10 MVs because they used to sell them. I'm going to be asking them in the near future whether they'll work on the post-'09 bikes since this will affect my decision to buy an F3. I'll let you know if their answer is affirmative.
Thanks Mike...unfortunately they only differ about 12 miles....but it is always good to have options...

God....I really need to move....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Blue Moon is a good bunch of guys, my Dad has done business with them for years for BMW and MV stuff/ bikes and I have had dealings with their service department. He has purchased numerous bikes from them in the past and is friends with some of the guys over there. They have a good reputation in the area, and do all his service work. (I do most of my own service work except for the bmw and theres another good BMW shop closer to me, so it's been a while since I've been over there.) I like them and have always had a good experience with their service department. They are the place to go with vintage stuff, so I would say their mechanics know their stuff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have dealt with MCC, Villa Park, IL for 20+ years as a new and used bike customer and a service customer on street and race bikes. I have purchased Ducatis, MV, Triumph and Bimotas from them. I do not know the other dealers on your list as I pretty much only deal with MCC. I am in the Auto retail business myself so I have some appreciation for what is or isn't a good dealership. MCC is a good dealership. If you call ask for John Acton. Although it's not a big place so if you call you'll probably get John regardless.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
I picked it up from Blue Moon 3 weeks ago, unfixed. :mad: Shipped it to Ferracci. MV factory support is severely lacking. Which is frustrating considering I work for the company with the best dealer network in any industry in the world, and MV is the worst.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright....guess we are one down....called MCC in Illinois today and wanted to actually put my deposit down. Unfortunately, I learned that any deposit they take is non-refundable, a simple fact that I don't agree with as there can be a lot of things happening in the next six months (Motorcycle crash, tornado hitting the house, F3 is delayed by a magnitude etc.).

The thing that bothers me the most is the simple fact that they weren't willing to negotiate on this at all even after telling them my situation. Apparently, motorcycle sales do not seem to be down for some dealerships.

I will switch North against South and call European Motorsports in Georgia on Wednesday....hate to drive about 90 minutes longer but at the end it does not matter I guess. Although this would also mean that servicing the bike will definitely mean a two-day trip most of the time since there I also lose the 1 hour time difference.

But hey....on the bright side....I can visit Randy and Ed every time I need my bike serviced... :friday:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yeah discounting isn't common. They don't make much on the deal. You might get discounts on gear. Just because you buy it somewhere doesn't mean you can't go elsewhere for service. Gl:yo:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts