MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

First post - and asking a bit of advice from your experiences...

Anyone recommend a good dealer in the South of England - this would be a first MV for me and I'm kinda thinking that good dealer backup would be important, so I want to start with somewhere that looks after the customers.

Reading Squidger's review of the guys in Waterlooville wasn't very encouraging - but was he just unlucky or is this the norm?

And feedback based on personal experience would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dudman,

I'm quite close to Winchester and work up nearer to Heathrow - but we don't seem to be exactly spoiled for choice on the dealer front :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks CharLy - I didn't find the guys near salisbury in my searches.

So no recommendations for the two closest to me then;
Hampshire MV in Waterlooville or Black Dog in Staines.

Is that 'cos no-one has tried them or because they're not well regarded???

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I don't think Black Dog in Staines are dealers anymore? I had my 920 serviced there twice and they were good a couple of years ago . Only a tiny shop though .

What about alf's in worthing? They have a good reputation as a dealer and are building a whole new two floor showroom just for MV's . A good selection of bikes there also . I only popped in as I was passing a few weeks ago but will probably get my 800 serviced there in the next month or so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Weird thing the web isn't it?

According to the Black Dog website their Staines location is one of the biggest MV dealers in the area.

Conversely, Alf's (which I saw recommended elsewhere on the forum) say they are Kawasaki with no mention at all of MV - confusing!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thanks CharLy - I didn't find the guys near salisbury in my searches.

So no recommendations for the two closest to me then;
Hampshire MV in Waterlooville or Black Dog in Staines.

Is that 'cos no-one has tried them or because they're not well regarded???

Never heard of Black Dog and MV Hampshire have mixed reviews - I wasn't over impressed with the service when I was after a test ride - they run a BSB bike I believe though

http://www.motocorsa.co.uk/ - not sure if your remark meant you didn't find but have now or not lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I actually bought my italia from bennetts of Barnsley. A 520 mile round trip.
Yep same as me from Essex

The journey sucks but they do a good job. I'm there on the 2nd sept for its 4k

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Are you riding it up there dean ? Some nice roads in that area. Or is it going in a van?
No ill bung it in the van. I don't pay for fuel in the van and won't need to wear my leathers so can get there and just chill for the day

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Never heard of Black Dog and MV Hampshire have mixed reviews - I wasn't over impressed with the service when I was after a test ride - they run a BSB bike I believe though

http://www.motocorsa.co.uk/ - not sure if your remark meant you didn't find but have now or not lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks CharLy - been in touch with Motocorsa and will see what they come back with later in the week.:)

·
Registered
818 Posts
I had top notch service so far from Hampshire MV. I guess it's like so many things sometimes someone lets them down.

They were very accommodating with test ride / advice / service. The deal they provided was impressive and beat all the other deals I was offered hands down. I guess on busy race weekends the team is depleted and service may suffer.

My experience has been great.

Arron

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I had top notch service so far from Hampshire MV. I guess it's like so many things sometimes someone lets them down.

They were very accommodating with test ride / advice / service. The deal they provided was impressive and beat all the other deals I was offered hands down. I guess on busy race weekends the team is depleted and service may suffer.

My experience has been great.

Arron
I've got mine with them now. Not used them before but Kirsty seems really helpful. I'll soon find out how good they are but they collected from my house which is damn good service so far!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts